General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 26 Apr 2004 20:48

Hello im new to all this and currently in the early stages of tracing my family tree. Im back to my great grandma & grandfather. I have surnames for both of them but i need dates of birth. I know this information should be recorded on there childrens borth certificates. Does anyone know of a way of accessing these on line. The sites i have been viewing just show maiden name of mother and approximation of month birth was registered in. Sorryf this is a daft question but as i said its all new to me. Thanks for your help, i look forward to reading your replies. Thanks Kelly

Rick

Rick Report 26 Apr 2004 20:52

Hi Kelly, The online sites are just indexes and you can't view that actual certificates. You'll have to fork out to buy them using the references in the indexes -sorry. Some parish records are availably online in the IGI which is free to search on www.familysearch.org. Also, some people on the Records Office page will do lookups for you in the VRI - more parish registers. The ones you're looking for may not be in there though. Rick.