General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

make sure your antivirus is up to date!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan

Jan Report 28 Apr 2004 20:20

Hi all please, please, please do this now! more nasties about W32.beagle.gen and one came up bloodhound packed which looks at reading the symantec site jargon for yet unknown virus. Just been to norton site and had to submit them through instructions on the site. I used to use live update but is only renewable on Weds try using the intelligent updater. Please please update NOW! love Jan x (still in a flap!!)

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 28 Apr 2004 22:12

Hi Jan Why is your live update only renewable on Wednesdays? I use live update 2/3 times a week and having just seen your message I have downloaded the latest update In the past few days I have also downloaded security updates for my firewall Bren

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 28 Apr 2004 22:16

my live update did a live update tonight without prompting!!

Jan

Jan Report 28 Apr 2004 22:22

Hiya I dont know where I got its on Weds ,but this is from symantec site. I always use intelligent update as it is updated more frequently and I have high speed broadband. The new virus I got attempted with was W32.Beagle.X@mm what happens when they get to Z? Keep updating Jan x ************************************************ LiveUpdate Most home and small offices users practicing safe computing find that LiveUpdate provides an excellent balance of protection and ease of use. LiveUpdate definitions are updated weekly, except for major outbreaks, when definitions are updated more often. LiveUpdate can be run from within your Symantec or Norton Program. When it runs, it downloads and installs any available virus definitions. Because it only requires you to click a button, it is a little easier to use than the Intelligent Updater. The file that it downloads is also somewhat smaller in size. Not sure how to run LiveUpdate? Read How to run LiveUpdate for step-by-step instructions. ____Intelligent Updater___________________ Network administrators with many computers, those who have a fast connection, and those who use newsgroups are at extra risk of viruses and other threats. They may want to use the Intelligent Updater. For them, the extra protection is worth manually downloading and installing definitions. Intelligent Updater is updated daily during the work week. Because the Intelligent Updater must be manually downloaded and run, it is a bit more difficult to use than LiveUpdate. The file that it downloads is also larger in size than the file that is downloaded by LiveUpdate. Not sure how to download definitions using the Intelligent Updater? Read the document "How to update virus definition files using the Intelligent Updater."