General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Now this is weird...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 29 Apr 2004 14:26

Yesterday when I was not at home (and neither was anyone else) an email was sent in my name to someone on my address book asking about a person I've not heard of. I only know because the person it was sent to replied this morning and I looked up what had been sent. The thing is, at the time our computer was in the middle of a massive download of an on-line game that my son plays and that wasn't switched off until later as no-one was here. Has anyone experienced this or got any ideas?

Suzy

Suzy Report 29 Apr 2004 14:27

Sorry to worry you Helen. It's not a virus is it?

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 29 Apr 2004 14:33

That was my first thought but until hubby and teenage son are home ( the computer literate ones in this house) I won't know. I know we have a big anti-virus programme but sonny could have switched it off.

Suzy

Suzy Report 29 Apr 2004 14:38

This happened to me last month. My computer sent e-mails to a lot of people in my address book, without my help!! My husband has cleaned it up now, but now I delete every e-mail I get, unless I'm absolutely sure it was genuinly sent.

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 29 Apr 2004 14:38

Weirder and weirder - I just typed the surname into 'Trying to Find' and the first searcher on there has my surname and the next searcher is looking in the area where I live. I wonder if it is possible for messages to be scrambled up and sent out wrongly?

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 29 Apr 2004 14:45

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for your opinions, Suzanne.