General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thievin' gits!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 30 Apr 2004 10:49

Had my car broken into last out 10 mins before i was due to finish work.. If the guy coming to take over my shift hadn't stopped to put air in his tyres he'd have seen em!

Darren white

Darren white Report 30 Apr 2004 10:50

Wouldn't mind but all there was in it was a basket of clothes, that I was taking up to my new flat! what sort of mentality to these people have!

Darren white

Darren white Report 30 Apr 2004 10:52

Now only have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 jumpers, couple of t-shirts, and luckly all my work shirts tie etc. Oh yeah they took my prescription sunglasses too, mind they lenses keep fallin out so good luck to em!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 30 Apr 2004 10:55

darren im so sorry hun:( there are some awful people out there arent there wat pleasure do they get out of it?? when hubby had his car broken into they vandalised the dashboard to remove the cd player.if only they had realised that they only had to lift it out!!! obviously they were young lads with no sense!!! we soon sold the car,as i felt as if it wasnt ours anymore. praps if the local bobby was still around to give them a clip round the ear they might think twice,but i doubt it!!! bring back discipline!!!! susie

Janet

Janet Report 30 Apr 2004 10:58

Oh - Darren! I'm so sorry - how pointless - but how upsetting. My husband is self-employed, and had his van stolen twice within a space of a couple of months - complete with all his tools. Consequently, he couldn't work until he'd replaced his tools - and the van - something which the Insurance doesn't cover. We reckoned we were about £1500 out of pocket over that. Some of the tools had great sentimental value too - ones that he'd had since he first started work. They caught the culprits the first time, (heroin addicts on bail, so they just had it 'taken into consideration') but not the second time, and nothing has ever been found. Ooh - what I'd do to them if I had the chance .......... !!

Darren white

Darren white Report 30 Apr 2004 11:06

The worst thing about it is that I SAW em! I was looking out the wndow and saw this van driving out the carpark, and the guy in the passenger seat was holding a shoe and laughing...i even thought they look like my shoes.. then i literally ran i outside to check..not even my car, mine died on me the other day and my mate lent me his to use tilll i get new one. We have so many engineers in vans pulling out of the car park, I didn't think till it was too late I know one thing though...The passenger looked a lot like Cain Dingle!!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Apr 2004 11:12

Sorry to hear that Darren, We had our tax disc nicked a few years ago & they caught the culprits weeks later, our tax disc has been used in a lorry which had been stopped for a police check. No-one wants to nick our car, the mess & grime is holding it together, our house will never be broken in either as the burglars will take one look, & assume we have already been " done over " ! LOl ! Chin up mate, Elaine x

Darren white

Darren white Report 30 Apr 2004 11:15

The police woman i spoke to couldn't stop laughing.. she's now on the look out for a one-legged Cain Dingle look-a-like with a washing basket!

Yvette

Yvette Report 30 Apr 2004 11:25

Darren Sorry you have had a bad time, but at least you have kept your sense of humour! I hope your day improves. Keep smiling. Best wishes Yvette

Darren white

Darren white Report 30 Apr 2004 11:28

Well i ain't letting the bleeders get me down..i'd just got a new job and move into my new flat tomorrow, so I was due a bit of bad luck...beside if ya did'nt laff you cry

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Apr 2004 12:24

Sorry to hear your bad news Darren. Keep your chin up mate! Like Wendy says - what goes around comes around. The lad (druggy) that broke into our house (he was well known to the police but nothing was done) is now dead from a drugs overdose. Say no more! Jeanette

Sandra

Sandra Report 30 Apr 2004 15:33

i agree what goes around comes around, i had 2 cars broken into and they didn't take anything just road it to the next st and dumped it in a garden . i ran pubs and woke up with a burglar at the bottom of my bed while recooperating from a cancer op ten yrs ago,customers sorted him .also had 2 go to court as a customer had broken x's arm and abh on me, took 2yrs and he got 2yrs, the following year in 2nd pub they broke in and my dog had them, so sorry for them. 2yrs ago my son was attacked 3 times by 3 people in the space of 2 wks and i ended up having to move because of the harrassment i was getting, after i moved him to a different county, i've been off work with a back injury and spondylosis of the spine which i got whilst working with a deaf client, went to court for my sons assault case and on the way pulled off a slip rd at the junction lights 2 cars behind stopped and the 3rd thought he was at brands hatch, and ploughed into all of us, got to court and the 3 skipped bail so injured again for no reason, 2nd time to court got a phone call not enough evidence,as one of the guys had been badly assaulted by another he wouldn't give evidence. but low and behold 3 months ago 1 got put away for nonpayment of fines 2nd one put away for stealing a frozen chicken of all things and the 3rd is living in a tent as parents have disowned him. who gets the last laugh ?? me i may now be in pain for the rest of mylife unable to go back to residential social worker job or anything else but the pills help and so does having 5 wonderful kids and my new grandaughter, i may be 42 but look forward to every day and when researching my rellies realise that they had it harder than us, no social, medicines, tv, electricity and wars to contend with and living up to 30 in one house, but they could leave there doors unlocked, unfortunately not everyone today brings up their kids to respect their elders, no one stands on buses for the elderly or pregnant women,some don't even say hi to their neighbours everyone is to busy watching out for thereselves into todays world, apart from the sacred few,who will earn there wings, me sometimes i feel everytime i earn a feather for mine, some pinches it. sorry if this is to long winded, trying to keep occupied sons on his driving test for 2nd time. take care one and all sandra in a very wet kent.

syljo

syljo Report 30 Apr 2004 15:53

So sorry to hear about your car being broken into. As someone else said bring back discipline. These days you are not even supposed to clip your own child behind the ear - what nonsense. I did use my hand to my children when it was necessary. They all tell me now that I was right. My daughter, fortunately, has also bought up her children with discipline. Take heed all young mothers, don't give in to the little "imps", you're only regret it later, or someone else will regret it. My neighbour tells me that her grandchild is allowed to do everything. He now throws CDs all over the room and then walks on them. He has a new sister, and has twice thrown the cradle over - the baby is only 10 days old! I dread to think what this child will be like when he goes to school - poor teacher!

syljo

syljo Report 30 Apr 2004 18:34

Dear Sandra, What a sad tale you have to tell, let's hope things get better. It seems for you that they can't get worse. I always say "behind every cloud there's a silver lining". Don't give up hope dear.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Apr 2004 19:18

Sorry to hear about your car getting broken into Darren - hope you're covered on insurance (or the person you borrowed the car from. My dad seems to have had his number plates cloned by some sort of crooks; he keeps getting Congestion Charges for various parts of London. Yet he lives in Wiltshire and hasn't been to London for 14 years. The police don't want to know, even though it's obviously a criminal act, so his MP is on to it now! I agree with the other replies - bring back discipline! I had it and now my son gets it :)) Best wishes to you Darren, keep smiling.

Lynda

Lynda Report 1 May 2004 10:43

Bad luck Darren. I'm glad they didn't get to take anything valuable, but I reckon it still makes you feel victimised. It's a pity those little wotsits have nothing better to do!! Lynda