General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Favourite Biscuits

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 1 May 2004 00:23

Just sat here dunking my custard creams in my cuppa and wondered what everyones favourite biscuits were. I also like Nice and Rich tea (one dips!) Jeanette

Sue

Sue Report 1 May 2004 00:28

Jeanette The only biscuits I really love to dunk are ginger nuts - mmmmmm My very favourite biscuits are Boasters with chocolate chunks and hazelnut, followed closely by plain chocolate Hob Nobs or McVities plain chocolate digestives. Must be McVities though! Sue

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 1 May 2004 00:30

Malted milk ummmm Rosie

Chris

Chris Report 1 May 2004 00:31

My grandaughter likes to dunk nice and anzac biscuits. If I've got a cup of tea and she's around - in go the biscuits!

Sue

Sue Report 1 May 2004 00:34

My 23 year old daughter doesn't drink tea. She makes herself a mug of tea just so she can dunk her biscuits. Then she throws the tea away! She doesn't get that from me - what a waste of a cuppa! Sue

Annie

Annie Report 1 May 2004 00:49

I have malted milk in the biscuit tin but still have childhood memories of Royal Scots ...

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 May 2004 18:35

For dunking purposes it has to be ginger nuts - I only stop when the tea runs out. Hubby dunks anything (well as long as its a biscuit!) but I can only dunk gingies! For eating purposes it has to be either party rings - whole box in one go - or those jammy ones you get in the 'tea-time' assortment - bit like jammy dodgers only nicer! Not that I'm fussy or anything ..... Maz (who daren't buy biscuits or she'll eat the lot!) XX

Debbie

Debbie Report 1 May 2004 18:39

Ohh I can eat a whole packet of party rings and the long pink wafer things, I have to hide them. for dunking sports biscuits the ones with the different types of sports on them, Ginger and Coconut rings. Debbie

Sidami

Sidami Report 1 May 2004 18:49

I love em all Jeanette, but dare not buy a packet because I cannot just eat one or two I am afraid I would eat the lot once I got the taste of them. So when I call round for a coffee Jeanette don't put temptation in front of me...lol

Angela

Angela Report 1 May 2004 18:55

Those jammy dodger type biscuits that also have cream in (not the ones with just jam). My sister and I used to fight over the one or two that were included in mixed boxes of biscuits when we were children. The only way to eat them is to nibble off the side of the biscuit with the hole in, then the cream, then the jam, and finally the half a biscuit without a whole. Ginger nuts and garibaldi are also good. Angela

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 May 2004 18:58

Angela - that's the ones I mean from the 'Tea-time' assortment! Don't think you can buy them on their own though? I eat the top biscuit first - with the hole - then try an eat the bottom biscuit off, then the middle bit that's left - jam, cream and a bit of biscuit left stuck on the bottom! mmmmmmmmmmmmm Maz. XX

Angela

Angela Report 1 May 2004 19:25

Maz Yes they were from teatime packs now I think of it. And no you can't buy them on their own. You can get the ones with jam only but they just aren't the same. I never got the hang of party rings myself - we were only allowed them on birhdays anyway (my mum took the name literally!!!!). Angela X

syljo

syljo Report 1 May 2004 20:40

Terri, All the biscuits you mention are my favourites too. We now have a Dutch company - VERKADE - who can actually make a good digestive and chocolate digestive. It's taken them many years, but I must admit they've succeeded. Saves so much shopping when I do get to England. Does anyone remember Kemps biscuit factory along the North Circular Road. I could smell the biscuits from my house. Delicious they were too. Sylvia

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 May 2004 00:19

Hi Jeanette, If `Wagon Wheels` are biscuits, then they`re my favourites, could eat them all day.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 2 May 2004 01:22

Has to be ginger nuts or rich tea for dunking and it has to be tea, not coffee. Viv

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 May 2004 13:53

Oooooh do you know, I can't stand people who f**t about eating their biscuits, nibbling bits off here and there. Get 'em in your mouth! I can't stand watching my other half eat a Kit Kat. He nibbles all the chocolate off first then eats the wafer. I just ram it all in in one go! lol Baz I think we can count Wagon Wheels as bikkies cos if they're not a biscuit I don't know how else to describe them! Jeanette

Melba64

Melba64 Report 2 May 2004 13:58

Jaffa Cakes!!!!! Yummy and also Bourbons. Mel

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 2 May 2004 14:58

'ordinary' biscuits - Digestive 'posh' biscuits - big, scrummy chocolate chip cookies