General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SOG Family History Show, Sunday 2nd May, Westminst

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 May 2004 19:04

A couple of us are meeting up on Sunday at midday in the coffee area. I can't believe there are only about 3 GC people going to this event! If anyone else is planning to go, please pop on here who you are and what you will wear, so we can spot you! Personally I will wear a black long sleeved t-shirt with tigger on the front and back. Have a look at the thread on the tips board for other people! Hoping to meet loads of my friends from GC! Maz. XX

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 May 2004 19:11

I'd love to be able to meet you lovely people - but am working nights at the moment. Maybe next year. Enjoy yourselves. Liz green with envy :-)

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 1 May 2004 20:20

Hi Maz, My friend Eileen and I are going tomorrow and we're meeting Sue Poyntz at the coffee shop midday so will probably be meeting you too. Will be in jeans, with a white T-shirt with Old Navy written on it. See you there. Naomi PS - Friend is Spurs fan.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 May 2004 20:35

Naomi, your friend and I can both wear our matching black armbands! Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 May 2004 21:17

Naomi/Sue have you seen Amanda's note on the tips board that we need to go to Pimlico tube??? Maz. XX

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 1 May 2004 21:24

Maz - teehee. I'll let her know! We're walking down from Victoria station. I looked on the RHS website for directions and is only one train for me.

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 1 May 2004 22:57

Thanks to Amanda and Maz for travel tips. Mike and I are driving up, so hopefully will find a place to park. Look forward to meeting you all there. If we aim for midday to meet, shall we give it half an hour after the time for latecomers, just in case people get too absorbed in what they're looking for at the show and lose track of time!! Sue

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 1 May 2004 23:35

Good idea Sue, I'm not meeting Eileen until about 11.15 anyway so first point of call will probably be coffee anyway!

Chris

Chris Report 2 May 2004 01:26

Maz, Be sure to tell us all about it!!:-)))

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 3 May 2004 11:49

Hiya, well, we had a great time and met up successfully! There were 6 of us altogether - me, Naomi, Sue and her neighbour Michael, and a surprise of Jean and her friend too! What lovely people they all were and we had a great time chatting and comparing notes about research and GC. We all felt that it was a shame that no more people were able to make it and also that GC didn't have a 'presence' there. We left around 3.30 tired but happy and having made some good friends 'in the flesh'! If anyone attends any events then I recommend that you post it here and try and meet up with fellow GCers - its well worth it! Maz. XX