General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Silly names 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 2 May 2004 14:24

just thought seen as we had a silly names for pets what about kids, my friend has a daughter called Shannelle named after her husband Shane now she wants another and it to be a boy so it can be called Zane so there will be Shane ,Zane and Shannelle i think to be honest shes insane calling them that and she says my kids names are boring and they are called Thomas ,Alexander and Louis so what do you think ?

Debbie

Debbie Report 2 May 2004 14:28

Thomas Alexander and Louis are lovely names, not boring at all. My little girls name is Chenise and everybody was really shocked to start but they now tell me the name suits her. but nobody knows how to spell it. Chenise's Grandfather is Chinese and when I had just had her I was sat in bed writing her name and suddenly realised that if you changed the e and i round it spelt chinese weird. Her middle names are Mei Ling. My litlle boy Is Benjamin Kwai Ching. Me Debra Jayne Sheppard how boring is that. I think I will marry my boyfriend just to change the surname so it would be Debra Jayne Man and yes it is spelt with 1 n. Debbie

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 2 May 2004 14:31

debra, chenise is alovely name better then Zane any day

syljo

syljo Report 2 May 2004 19:27

I'd like to hear what Zane and Shannelle say about their names when they are old enough! My son's friend also gave his kids strange wierd names. Jaziro was the first, but they're so wierd I cannot remember them.

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 2 May 2004 19:38

My second couson called her little boy............Sparkey. It came from Mark Hughes the footballer, it was his nick-name, and she wasn obviously mad about him at the time.

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 2 May 2004 20:08

I had friends in two families one lot were called Alan, Barry, Colin, David and Eric the other family were caled Alan, Anthony, Alec and their parents were Anne and Alfred and oh yes they had a younger sister Partricia (who looked like the milkman) just joking lol Dave

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 09:50

hardly funny names dave , must add if she has another girl she wants to call her Lakisha too much rikki lake i think hehe

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 3 May 2004 12:21

I can see what Dave means - one lot is alphabetical order and the other all have the same initial. One mum at our school has a partner called Lee. He named the kids - Leon, Lee and Aleeya!! Not vain at all then!! Lovely kids though. Maz. XX

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 May 2004 12:58

Our household was John, Joy, Jeanette, Justine and......Lindsay. But we call her Jayne which is her middle name. It was bedlam in our house if a letter came addressed to J. Greenley! And to make matters worse, me and my Mum have got the same middle initial. J. Greenley

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 13:57

well also my mate her brothers kids are andrea jessica ,adam john and alex jack all being aj