General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hubby on way home what should i cook for tea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 10:15

hubby is on way home and dont know what to have for our tea (im in oz) i dont know what to do for tea took diced chicken out any ideas what to do with it (not curry )

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 3 May 2004 10:17

hiya cook chicken add it to chicken soup then pour on jacket spuds, then you'll have more time for rest and it'll look as though youve been cooking the meal for ages lol tina xxx

Janet

Janet Report 3 May 2004 10:27

Stir fry the chicken until virtually cooked. Remove from pan and gently fry some sliced onions until transparent. Add a tablespoon of flour and cook for a minute, and then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, a dash of Worcester sauce, salt and pepper and 1 teaspoonful of suger. Add some sliced mushrooms, and little water if too thick. Add the chicken and wine to taste (!) and simmer gently. Serve with plain boiled rice. Enjoy!

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 10:29

they both sound yummy will write them own and try both one tonight and one another night

John

John Report 3 May 2004 10:31

Tell him to get his own and something nice for you too. I bet you haven't been sitting around all day have you!!!

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 10:33

yes but my hubby a right sexist pig he believes its my job to cook clean wash iron so to him it my job to cook his tea

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 3 May 2004 10:33

Hi Kylie What other ingredients do you have available, e.g sauces etc & how soon does it have to be ready. Roz

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 10:50

well hes 5 mins late aint started it and ive got chicken tomatoes salt pepper mustard chilli sauce onions any ideads shopping day tomorrow

Crista

Crista Report 3 May 2004 10:58

Hi Kylie, This one's fairly easy and you can make a ton of it and freeze it for later. Minced Lamb Stroganoff 1-pound minced lamb 1-medium onion, chopped 1-can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup 1-can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained 1/2-tsp seasoned salt 1/4-tsp pepper 1/2-cup dairy sour cream or plain yogurt Hot buttered spinach noodles 1-medium carrot, finely shredded Cook and stir minced lamb and onion in 10-inch skillet until lamb is brown; drain. Stir in soup, mushrooms, seasoned salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently. 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat just until hot. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with carrot. 4 servings. I prefer to use cream of mushroom soup instead of the chicken soup. Crista

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 3 May 2004 11:04

sounds yummy crista but only got chicken in any ideas?

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 3 May 2004 11:11

2 ideas 1)Coat chicken in mustard, stir fry, then add tomatoes and onions and serve with cooked pasta. 2)Cut chicken into smaller pieces, stir fry until cooked. Add to white or mushroom sauce and make into lasagne. Sprinkle with grated cheese 5 mins before end of cooking time. Lovely served with one of the speciality breads available in the supermarket. Although don't know if you can get them in oz. Have lots more ideas if want them Roz

Crista

Crista Report 3 May 2004 11:12

Sorry Kylie. I thought you were looking for ideas for shopping day too. Crista

syljo

syljo Report 3 May 2004 14:39

I thought "tea" was made with water ????

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 4 May 2004 08:02

made hubbys tea last night nad guess what i cooked chicken curry with chips (bought the chips from the chippy how lazy am i)