General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding his friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 3 May 2004 22:10

I would like to make contact with people who were in the airforce with my brother. My brother Stephen James Day died 30 years ago today whilst serving on the near east airforce base, he was an electrical fitter and all I know is that he was electrocuted whilst working on a plane. I was only 3 at the time (he was 21) obviously from what other members of my family had told me and the letters he wrote to my parents he was a wonderful man. What I would really like is to find some people who served at the airforce base with him as they would really know him well, his personality, what he was like as a friend, or even people who knew what actually happened the day he died. I'd love to be able to tell my children more about what their uncle was like. Does anyone have any ideas for trying to make contact with his colleagues, would the air force keep records.

Bob

Bob Report 3 May 2004 22:14

I am sure both your local Royal British Legion and Royal Airforce association branches would help. Bob

Dawn

Dawn Report 3 May 2004 22:19

Jeanette Have you tried the 'Service Pals' on teletext channel 4? They have not long ago changed the numbers, but I think it is around page 152. There is also a board for Forces Associations too. Perhaps you could put a message on there?? Good Luck Sarah

Dawn

Dawn Report 3 May 2004 22:45

Jeanette Just another thought.... Try putting his squadron number into the 'Google' search. Kind Regards Sarah.XX