General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A token of love

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 4 May 2004 20:49

We would like to make or do something to keep for my husbands children whom he cant see so that if they come looking for him in years to come then he can show them that he was thinking about them and loved them because we believe they will have been told otherwise.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 4 May 2004 21:09

Hi Fiona, How about a Bible for each child,with a written letter from their dad, with maybe an added photo of him, as he is now,and all pasted inside the front cover. This would prove his love for them.

Lindy

Lindy Report 4 May 2004 21:12

Fiona, I am so very sorry! Every year on the anniversary of their birthdays I would write to them and tell them how much I love them and how sad I am that I could not be with them. Then I would address the envelope to them care of my own home address. That way if they ever did come looking for me there would be a whole stack of unopened letters. My love would be poured into those letters just for them. God Bless Lindy xx

Fee

Fee Report 5 May 2004 08:45

Thank-you to everyone for your replys,they were much appreciated.It is an awful situation that unfortunately wont be resolved in the near future.Their mum has re-married and her husband is their"daddy" now,well has been before my husband had to leave but thats another story.Anyway,I live in hope that they will want to get to know their real daddy one day for the lovely person he is.

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 May 2004 09:00

hi what about a memorie book do you have any photos of the children, or are able to get some through a relative. hubby could then put messages under each one. they do some nice ones in c&h and you can get other bits to stick in to there. or if hes a handy man he could make a memory box, and put in bits from ie your holidays, postcards, birthday christmas cards letters and anything else that pops to mind. hope things get better for you. sandra