General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your Pet's ancestors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 4 May 2004 23:42

I was just thinking to myself, as you do. When you buy a pedigree animal, you often get a pedigree chart of your pets last 3 generations. Has anyone added it to their tree. After all a pet is a member of your family. Well to me it is anyway. :o)

Keith

Keith Report 4 May 2004 23:45

Hi Siobhan. I bought a pedigree Red Setter once. Blimey!! It's pedigree made me feel as common as muck. The only pet we have is a cat, it is so weird I'm not sure if either of it's parents were cats never mind who they were. Keith

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 4 May 2004 23:48

Lol, bet he gives you hours of entertainment though, even if you don't know where he came from. Why don't they do pet census's every 10 cat years.

Chris

Chris Report 5 May 2004 03:14

Hi Siobhan, Yes we have pedigree papers for our Weimaraner his Pedigree name is Greystalker Match and his father Silverghost His Affair and mother Wairuru Wind Dancer. They sound wonderful don't they but just too much to say. Our cat that has no pedigree at all has a handmade birth certificate too - given to us when we got it as a kitten it reads as follows: Certificate of Date of Birth Certified that, according to the record of the birth in the Regiatrar General's Office Tiger Munro was born at Owairaka Avenue on the 12th day of Octobert 1985 Given under the seal of the Registrar-General at Wellington the 14th day of December 1985. Personality Profile This kitten needs lots of love, care and attention, good food but most of all - lots of sleep! Tiger is still alive we got her when our son was 5 years old. The grandchildren now pick her up and carry her around!

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 5 May 2004 19:06

Pet birth certificates ,what a great idea. I think they should make it law. :o)

Angela

Angela Report 5 May 2004 19:57

My cats are descended from werecats and witches familiars. I don't have documentary evidence but I am 100% certain without looking it up!!!!! Angela

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 5 May 2004 21:56

Angela, I have never heard of werecats, please enlighten me.

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 5 May 2004 22:23

I think they're a bit like werewolves but smaller and probably more vicious! lol

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 5 May 2004 23:11

If we can get back far enough, our pets and us have a common ancester. Len