General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New options? THANKS GC!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 6 May 2004 15:48

I was amazed to see new options at the top of the page! I can now find threads I've added to, and when I click on any thread, I can find my replies! How long has it been like that?

Debbie

Debbie Report 6 May 2004 15:53

I think it happened today, it's great isn't it. one of my messages was march over a year ago. Debbie

Janet

Janet Report 6 May 2004 15:58

Yes - I've just been having a browse, and my first message was 13th March 2003! I didn't realise I'd poked my nose into 9 pages worth of threads, either! I can see that we are likely to be getting some of the old 'lost' threads resurrected! It's GREAT!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 6 May 2004 16:13

One of my threads over a year ago caused a big hoo ha. I am so tempted to bring it back up but I wont it would only cause trouble. But it was quite funny reading the replies I had from asking for a look up back then. See even though it was only a year ago GC have come a long way and people are asking for lookups all the time now. A lot has changed and I am glad I am still here. Again well done GC absolutely Brill

Janet

Janet Report 6 May 2004 16:15

I just went over to the Tips Board and found I had 19 pages on there! Oh dear ........ no wonder I'm behind on the housework .....!! Janet

Debbie

Debbie Report 6 May 2004 16:19

I had to laugh on one of my thread, I had asked that when I went onto the 1837 site when it first started that it wanted my password and username. Doh Yes I do know now though. And I didnt even have any answers I must have worked that one out myself. Debbie

Janet

Janet Report 6 May 2004 16:26

It's quite surprising to discover just how much we have learned in the past year or so, isn't it?! Perhaps we should remember that when we see questions from the newbies to the site - and not to assume that they understand what we are talking about sometimes! I've just been back on the Tips Board and it's not 19 pages - just 14 now. I wonder what happened to the other 5 pages though? Oo-er! Janet