General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Early morning awakening

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 7 May 2004 20:03

Every morning at the moment I am wakened by the blackbirds outside my window. I don't need my alarm clock. At around 5 am I can hear the lovely chatter of the various birds here. Do I mind being awake at such an early hour. No, this is only a short time during the nesting season. I could close my window of course, but no, it's so pleasant. Another wonderful sound is the sound of church bells on a Sunday morning. I once read that some people wanted them banned saying that they are out of date, not me I love them. I have very little sleep at the moment as I don't go to bed before 1 am.

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 May 2004 20:17

its lovely to hear the birds even if it is so early, we have canadian geese that fly over from the lakes at the end of the road and they are very noisy. but i like the spring and summer so i don;t mind sandra

Chris

Chris Report 7 May 2004 20:23

I used to get woken up every morning by our cat but now she seems to have taken up residence at my daughter's house. The grandkids are always up early so it probably suits her better. We also have a large Weimaraner dog who although would never hurt her - hovers till she moves away from her food. If she walks away from her food before she has finished then she doesn't get a second chance to have any more!!