General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hales Family (Kent) Photograph Album

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 8 May 2004 19:24

Anybody researching HALES, CLINCH, COX, CORNWELL, KEMSLEY, GUNYON AND COBB families from the Maidstone/Sittingbourne areas in Kent? If so, I have just put on my website at http://uk.geocities(.)com/ancestralpast - remove brackets as always - 36 late Victorian/early EdwardianCabinet Photographs, and photographic postcards from a photograph album which previously belonged to a member of the Hales family from the Maidstone and Sittinbourne areas in Kent. The Hales were clearly connected to the other families mentioned above, probably by marriage. It would be marvellous to find a proven descendant so that this album could be offered back to the family. David

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 3 Jun 2004 06:13

Great news! Thanks to the kind intervention of a GC member researching Clinch ancestors, the Hales Album has just been passed to Hales descendant. I have not yet recorded this on AncestralPast, but will do so in the not too distant future. It is going to take a little while for me to sort out the family detail I have been given and put it into a meaningful success story. David

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 3 Jun 2004 06:42

Well done David and that GC member! (It was Verna, Just read the tips board!). I am so glad to see old photos returned to the family where they belong, that is sooooooo great. I have come over all aglow!!!!! (You know how I love old photos). Keep up the good work David, you are a STAR!! By the way, I keep popping back to your site, but alas, never see anyone I recognise, boo hoo. Lisa xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Jun 2004 07:43

Hi David i shall have a look later, last week i connected with a gc member, through my Turners in east hoathly sussex gr gr grandmothers brothers son who wed a clinch, and some of them were in kent. anyway its lovely that you are sharing these photos with us and i shall enjoy having a look sandra

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 6 Jun 2004 18:05

Hi Lisa and Sandra Thanks for your encouraging words. The discovery of the Hales descendants certainly made me feel that my efforts on the web site have been worthwhile. Hope you will keep an eye on AncestralPast in the coming weeks as I am working on a major revamp. There are no visible signs of this yet as all the work is going on offline. But, there will be more piccies to add as part of the work - not to mention an interesting financial ledger I stumbled across at an antiques fair. Sandra - Please let me know if you discover your Clinches are related. Best wishes David