General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Left-handed or right-handed?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 9 May 2004 12:20

I am right-handed, but my father could use both left and right hands when working. It could be an advantage to be able to use both hands, don't you think?

syljo

syljo Report 9 May 2004 12:38

Then you'd have another pair of finger nails to look after!

Russell

Russell Report 9 May 2004 12:41

I'm a lefty

Sue

Sue Report 9 May 2004 14:01

"As the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body then only left-handers are in their right minds!" LOL Sue, proud to be a southpaw!

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 9 May 2004 15:44

Right hand for writing. Both for everything else. Jacky:-) PS Sylvia- I am interested to see what thread you are going to come up with next!! ;-)

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 9 May 2004 22:08

sue thank you so much for that comment, im left handed and hubby is too, our kids are right handed but son plays footy bettre kicking with left foot, they all say im not in my right mind now i can tell them, im the one who is.

Sue

Sue Report 9 May 2004 22:21

You tell 'em Julie! LOL The slogan comes from a sweatshirt I got from a fantastic shop called Anything Lefthanded. Web site too. They sell everything a leftie could possibly want including left handed scissors. I only discovered the scissors about 20 years ago having spent my life struggling with 'normal' scissors. Nowadays schools use stuff for left handed kids, but not in my day (when dinosaurs roamed the earth LOL) My Dad was born a leftie but had his hand tied behind his back at school to make him use his right hand. Sue

Andy

Andy Report 9 May 2004 23:34

Right handed, as are my parents and brother. I remember at school that anyone who was left handed were strongly encouraged to become right handed.

Philip

Philip Report 10 May 2004 09:58

Right handed, but I find it easier to use the mouse with my left. My dad was right handed (I think), but could play the organ with both hands (and both feet as well!), so probably some left handed gene. My daughter's right, but my son's definitely left handed, so the family gene must be lurking somewhere! Philip

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 May 2004 10:24

i'm right handed for writing,but use both for most other things!!!! first 3 kids are right handed, last 2 are left handed, though stephanie was ampidextrous for a long time. they say if you can use both hands you make a good plasterer, or hairdresser. sandra