General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 9 May 2004 13:24

What do you value in life most. "Diamonds are a girl's best friends". No not for me. The only rings I wear are engagement and wedding ring and a watch on my wrist. I don't like fur coats either. Just give me the money instead. Travel is for me my "lust". I have a neighbour here who everytime she goes out has to make sure that her jewellery is locked up in her safe. Before she had a safe put in she used to come to me with her wallet of jewellery and ask me to look after it One day I forgot she had bought them to me and left them on my settee for all to see. I then went shopping. It's a good thing she cannot read this column! Just think if you were burgled or robbed in the street. I know my neighbour has very expensive jewellery. She loves it, but not for me.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 May 2004 13:55

our values change over the years dont they sylvia? Like you I have never wanted diamonds or furs. However I would have liked a spell of living in the big house on top of the hill. Now I value that which I have lost, namely good health, the companionship of my dog Trigger, and the memory of seeing my eldest son walking. We will forget about the loss of looks and figure. lol