General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW OLD IS YOUR OLDEST LIVING RELATIVE..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 9 May 2004 18:12

hi folks, who of you lot out there has got the oldest living relative.NOTE: THEY MUST HAVE THE SAME SURNAME AS YOU. (i.e. not a married relative). to start you off, my grandfathers sister, grace alexander, lives in new zealand and she is 95.

Kath

Kath Report 9 May 2004 18:18

well my nan lives in london and she is 91 her name is FEWELL which is my Maiden name. Kath x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 9 May 2004 18:21

My Dad's aunt is 94 althoughI've never met her. All of my dad's side have lived to a ripe old age. My Dad is 75 this year and says he plans to be around until he's 93 at least! Don't suppose they smoked 40 a day as I do, so doubt I'll be joining them.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 9 May 2004 19:03

My oldest rellie is my aunt who`s 93. Ripe old ages run in the family though, Gran was 101 when she died, and her sisters were 92 and 93! Rebecca

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 9 May 2004 19:54

My Aunt is 94 and is my Dads sister. If dad was alive he would be 104 this year. He was 55 when I was born.

Andy

Andy Report 9 May 2004 19:59

My aunt will be 90 this next weekend.

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 10 May 2004 00:01

8 years younger than me. Len

Ernest

Ernest Report 10 May 2004 00:07

My Mum is 95 and my stepfather is 94 and then My mums yougest brother is 87

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 11 May 2004 20:40

My grandmother's aunt is 93 and her grandmother lived to 97.

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 May 2004 18:41

bit of a cheat 'cos I don't even know her surname and she is now sadly departed, but my great great aunt was 103 when she died about 5 years ago (and she used to do shopping for the 'old' people living near her!!!)

Julie

Julie Report 12 May 2004 18:48

My Gran has just had her 92nd birthday but sadly she didn't understand as she has dementia. But we had fun singing to her!! Julie

Karen

Karen Report 16 May 2004 02:07

My uncle celebrated his 90th birthday last weekend at Stoke on Trent aged 90 years with all his family with him, it was a wonderful time..