General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PC and email out of action

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 10 May 2004 08:27

If there is anyone out there who has emailed me, or is planning to, please be aware that my PC died rather spectacularly mid evening on Saturday just as I was in the middle of corresponding with Deryn who had posted on the tips board (sorry Deryn). So I do not currently have access from home to internet or email and can only (as now) sneak a quick look from work if noone else is in which does not happen often. I don't know how long it will take to sort out but it doesn't look good - I can't even boot up in safemode, which means I can't backup my files - including photos etc recently scanned but not yet copied onto CDROM. I am just so glad I did a full backup of my familytreemaker files on Tuesday last week. Angela

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 May 2004 08:53

have you the sasser virus go to www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/sasser. sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 May 2004 08:56

i Will try again www.saphos.com/support/disinfection/sasser.html.

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 May 2004 08:58

weird try the rest after the above .com/support/disinfection/sasser.html.

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 May 2004 08:59

sorry won't work sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 May 2004 08:59

try microsoft downloads

Philip

Philip Report 10 May 2004 09:48

Hello Angela, Sorry to hear about your computer, may be a virus as Sarah suggests. Feel for you, I had problems all last week, bought a new computer, couldn't get on line for days via ISDN, as the USB software screwed up my access card. Then got on line, and found that my Norton software was in conflict with itself. Reload factory discs, reload my software, reload my data files, etc etc..... Fortunately had backed up everything on my laptop, but still not much fun. Philip