General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What would you do?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 May 2004 11:11

I don't know if you remember my seeking advise about my little dog Josie (West Highland Terrier) who had serious heart problems, and was on medication that was making her worse. I decided to give her more quality time without the tablets. Unfortunately she passed away peacefully on Thursday night after her little heart could take no more - but she passed away leaving happy memories. I wish to thank everyone for your kind replies and your reassurances that I was doing the right thing making her last days happy one's. Thank you Linda

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 May 2004 11:14

A BIG HUG for you. Remember your dog with fond happy memories. Elaine xxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 May 2004 11:28

Thanks Elaine

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 May 2004 11:43

Hello Val That last goodbye is my worst memory - that look from her wondering if we are going to take her home now. Well we did, she is in her favourite spot in the garden causing havoc no doubt. Thank you for your kind words Val Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 May 2004 11:46

Thanks Terri I can honestly say she was very spoilt, but I would not have had it any other way. Linda

Lindy

Lindy Report 10 May 2004 11:59

Linda, I am so very sorry! Lindy xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 May 2004 12:19

how sad for you, i was heartbroken when i lost my dog 7 yrs ago, but like you i have fond memories. it took me 3 years before i got another sheba is now 4. my thoughts are with you love sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 May 2004 12:39

Thanks to you all for your kind and valued words. take care Linda

Lynda

Lynda Report 10 May 2004 17:51

Dear Linda I am so sorry to her about your little Josie, it's so sad to lose a much loved pet, they are one of the family after all. I'm glad she went peacefully, your intentions were right anyway, trying to give her a little more quality time. I'm sure you will shed quite a few tears, it's only natural and anyone who says we get too emotional over animals, well I have absolutely no time for them. So take comfort from those of us who understand and care. Lynda xx

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 May 2004 18:20

Dear Linda I have cried buckets when our dogs have died we have had three ,our golden labrador Sam was the one that we had the vet come to the house and put him to sleep he was 14 and had lost the use of his back legs Sam is on my computer as a screensaver. a little poem for you that i found many years ago Yes they have left him No there's naught to do Save let him out of life the gentle way For wear of body tissues past repair is that hard price so many years must pay I vaccinated him long years ago and treated him a score of times since then He trusts me and hold up a paw unasked One neddle more old friend the best and the last Thus to put off the weariness of pain Slip soft from sleep to silence suffering past Do animals have souls you ask of me No not as humans so in their degree But loved and loving beasts, the wise agree By body's death could never cease to be. Take care Margaret

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 10 May 2004 19:22

Linda Know just what you are feeling lost our westie a couple of weeks ago.Such a sad time but we still have a house full of animals i am sure we would be much worse if we hadn't Big Hugs Love Jan

Michelle

Michelle Report 10 May 2004 19:50

So sad to hear your news Linda, but Josie will be thanking you from above for your kindness to her. Love and hugs to you and God Bless Josie. M.