General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Short back and sides plus - MEN ONLY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 10 May 2004 12:36

What does this saying "short back and sides" really mean. Do barbers also shave you as they used to? My husband cannot find a barber who will trim the hair in his ears, so you know who has to do it? Another household chore!

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 May 2004 12:44

hi sylvia nowadays you have to train on an extra course to shave men ,using a cut throat razor, so alot of modern hairdressers, don't do it. i think some of the old barber shops still do, but these are becoming few and far between, now most are unisex salons. [i'm an ex hairdresser ] you don't even have to train as an all round stylist like i did. you can specifically train as a colourist, or stylist sandra

syljo

syljo Report 10 May 2004 12:56

When I was on a visit to England a few years ago, being completely out of date with everything I visited a hairdressers for a blowdry. The girl who was doing my hair had untidy hair and looked as though she'd just washed it. Silly old me asked her "have you just washed your hair". She replied that that was modern and was gel or something. I was quiet for the rest of my blowdry!