General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

8o's music what were you into?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 May 2004 16:32

thinking back to the good old days in the 80's i was trying to work out all the groups that were around .i can but name a few.have you any favourites and does it bring back any happy memories?

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 May 2004 16:38

oh my, i was upto my neck in baby nappies, erm spandau ballet ,queen, mud,genesis, pink floyd, the osmonds ohh donny!!! jackson 5 , minds gone blank!!!!!!!! they are but a few sandra

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 May 2004 17:10

I Lurve the 80's ! Adam & the ants, Culture Club,. Erasure, David Bowie Specials, madness & any ska. Sugercubes were good ( Bjork ) Elaine x ( 16 in 1982 ! )

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 10 May 2004 17:12

the cure

Kath

Kath Report 10 May 2004 17:21

madonna,rick astley,climie fisher ,kadjagogo and many more. I love 80's music Kath x

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 10 May 2004 18:16

Hi All, I loved & still do... Tears For Fears OMD Duran Duran Human League Depeche Mode Yazoo Ultravox Eurythmics The Pretenders U2 There's more but cannot think of them all right now, shall add them later on....when the brain get's going again...!!! Thanks for bringing back good memories. Elaine:- I was also 16 in 1982....gawd, where has the years gone...!!!! Regards, Dawn.

Steph

Steph Report 10 May 2004 19:00

Duran Duran , Soft Cell, Yazoo, Dexy's and the Cure, the Damned and The Cult, The Cramps yep, turned into Goth in the mid 80's!!! Steph x

Anna

Anna Report 10 May 2004 19:02

mine were Wham and Rick Astley. I recently bought Ricks greatest hits album lmao Anna :-)

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 May 2004 19:42

Anna Shouldn't that be Rick Astleys greatest hit! lol Val I used to love the Human League and Squeeze too. I also used to be mad on the Skids. Anybody remember them? Jeanette

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 10 May 2004 19:52

i remember the skids loved them

Steph

Steph Report 10 May 2004 22:04

Skids!! 'Into the valley' has to be one of the best songs ever!!

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 10 May 2004 23:43

Joe Jackson Soft Cell The Police ....... Liz

Crista

Crista Report 11 May 2004 06:16

Ditto what Dawn said. Stuart Admason of the Skids went on to form Big Country, another of my favs. So sad when he commited suicide a few years ago. Had been to 6 of their concerts and felt like I had lost a friend. Crista

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 May 2004 10:39

Hi Crista I saw Big Country when they played at Wembely Stadium in london. They were supporting David Bowie in 1987? The Glass Spider Tour. They were brilliant, I loved the song In A Big Country.....It takes me back ! Elaine x

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 11 May 2004 11:46

mine has got to be wham oh how i loved George Micheal when he wore those pink shorts in wake me up before i go go should of known then he was gay was so upset when found out he was :(

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 May 2004 21:44

I thought Adam Ant was gorgeous - saying that I loved Mr T (from the A Team) just as much. Imagine sharing all that lovely gold jewellery with him.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 11 May 2004 21:53

ahh the 80s, met my hubby, had our first child, married, moved to germany, mad manic 80s, homesick, but the music kept me going. george micheal, i dont care hes gay, hes still gorgeous, frankie goes to hollywood kajagoogoo duran duran soft cell, tainted love, opps went off on one there!! queen the jam heaven 17 oh my god i forgot Adam, i loved adam and the ants