General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Men Drivers they annoy me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 12 May 2004 08:42

while driving down to vist my grandmother today this man saw that the lane was comming down from three lanes to two and i was in front of him so instead of waiting and falling back behind me he put his foot down and nearly wiped me and my 3 yr old off the road in his big truck and you men call us woman we are not as much in a rush as you blocks

badger

badger Report 12 May 2004 08:52

Sorry Kylie, but not all bad drivers are male ,i drove a wagon for many years and agree that just in the last few years there has been an increase in bad trucking,as they [some of them] use their size to bully other drivers. If one of these a--- h---- does this ,note the reg number ,and the name on the truck and report it to the company ,they will do the rest.But please do remember there are some women drivers who arn,t too clever ,and there are good male drivers out there as well.

Louise

Louise Report 12 May 2004 09:07

I just get annoyed by stupid drivers!! Be they old, young, male or female - Sunday drivers are the worst tho!!! LOL :)

syljo

syljo Report 12 May 2004 20:15

It's the law of Calimero: I'm big and you're small. Happens in all countries. Machoism. Some "young man" tried desperately to overtake us today, seeing that we're an older couple, he probably thought that we were past it. At last he managed just before some traffic lights, which he went through at RED. Machoism! Maniacism

Bob

Bob Report 12 May 2004 20:32

I am an HGV driver and while there are some terrible drivers out there (car, truck and white van - male and female) I try very hard to avoid being put into that category. My attitude is that if someone else wants to take risks to overtake me I will always let them go. After all there is a slight chance that they may be responding to a real emergency and, anyway, I would rather have them in front where I can see them. One benefit of this is that it invariably makes me feel superior to the other driver. I am a strong believer in the philosophy that "what goes round comes round" and that those incompetent, stupid and overconfident drivers who take unneccessary risks will eventually get what's coming to them. To all you drivers out there - Remember that this is the riskiest thing we do on a regular basis ans as someone who has studied hundreds of accident reports (in a former job) it is rare to find anyone who will admit that they were in any way to blame. Be careful out there Bob