General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why did this have to happen?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan

Jan Report 12 May 2004 19:51

Yesterday I was walking my so to school as I do everyday. I had an arguement with the receptionist at the docs nothing serious a bit trivial when I saw what happened next.Thankfully I was late that morning. The police began to close to road to traffic but we had to carry on to get to school as we neared school there was an ambulance fire engines and ambulances of course I paniced thinking it was one of the children from the schools.We were diverted around the long way to walk. Thankfully the headmaster was at the corner of the school making a fuss of the children to get them in quickly and without fuss. I went to work not knowing what had happened,but thought about it all day I got back to school from work to find out it was a mother walking her son to school just as I had on a nice sunny day a car had mounted the kerb and killed her and critically injured her son who was the same age as my youngest son. I knew this lady as our eldests went to the same nursery she was only a few years older than me. My eldest got home and he was upset as his friend had been taken out of the class by the office lady obviously to be told his mum had died and his younger brother seriously injured. How the hell do you tell a 12 year old his mum had died? It hit home so hard today seeing the flowers at the crossing I have to use everyday life is so precious and in a blink of an eye it can be gone. Why is life so unfair sometimes? Why take a lady who loved and cared for her children away like that and have a husband who obviously loved her when there are murdering scum and nasty people about. I am so upset about the whole thing im sorry to pour this out as I am sure many of you have had similer experiences. I have never prayed but I pray today that these poor children and her husband get through this as best as they can. Why the hell did this have to happen? Jan x

Jill

Jill Report 12 May 2004 20:03

Hi Janet, What a terrible thing to happen. Really brings it home when it is so close. You must be absolutely devastated. Also mixed feelings as you were running late, thankfully. I feel for all the family and friends that are left behind. My thoughts are with you all at this very tragic time. Jill xx

syljo

syljo Report 12 May 2004 20:10

It seems our creator has taken into his care another young life. They say only the good die young. Yes, it does seem unfair. What about the driver of the car, was it a man or woman? Not that it matters, the poor mother's life has been taken.

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 May 2004 20:12

i have just gone cold reading this, my god its awful,losing anyone is tragic but losing a close member is just devastating, and a child that hasn't even started their life,to lose a mother so young , my heart goes out to all of your community take care sandra

Susanne

Susanne Report 12 May 2004 20:14

Jan, I read about this on the sky news yesterday. If I remember correctly it was a 26 year old who has been arrested for dangerous driving!!! My heart really goes out to this poor womans family. It amazes me that, despite taking a life and seriously injuring another, this ****** gets away with nothing more than a slap on the wrists. In my opinion he should face manslaughter. Sue

syljo

syljo Report 12 May 2004 20:31

Sue, He should definitely lose his drivers licence. What about leaving his fate to the village? I'm sure the villagers would know what to do with him. Some good hard work to begin with, cleaning up the village, starting at 7 am and finishing at 7 am.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 12 May 2004 20:48

this is tragic, you must feel terrible, i have a son of 13 and think it so sad for the young 12 year old to be without his mum and not know how his brother is going to cope either. as for the driver it may have been a tragic accident, we cant judge himor her yet, im not defending but the driver could have been ill had heart attack, anything, fault with car. we dont know. my thoughts are with this broken family.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 12 May 2004 21:25

Don't know what to say - apart from my sympathies to all concerned Liz

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 May 2004 21:40

Janet, how terrible. Glad you were able to share it with us though, because at least you know we are all thinking of you and hope you find some comfort in that. I have just lost my best friend, and all I wanted to know was why should a lovely, kind person die at 34 when there are so many really wicked people in the world having a great time. My friend did have a few weeks in which to prepare herself and her family, which the lady you mentioned didn't. I'm also praying that her family will be loved, supported and comforted by everyone's thoughts and prayers. Take care Janet, hope you sleep well tonight. Mandy x

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 May 2004 21:41

Why oh why do these things happen

Anna

Anna Report 12 May 2004 21:58

Im thinking of you Jan,It hits you so much harder when it involves people you know. Love Anna x

Stacey

Stacey Report 13 May 2004 00:17

A lesson to us all! Cherish what we have! I will add the family and you in my prayers tonight! Stacy x

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 13 May 2004 00:46

Hi JAN my love and prayers go out to this family so tragic ,the school my sons attended in the uk was a accident waiting to happen cars flying round the corner it is anytime now someone will be killed there, we moved to australia and my sons school has a thing called kiss and drive where you drop your kids off and drive on so in the morning and afternoon they make the street one way and you must all go at 40km an hour(dont nwo what that is in miles) it is safe and a lot easier i think this should be introduce in other schools i have told my friend back in the uk whos daughter goes to the school my sons went to and she is going to put it to the headmaster because if something isnt dont more tradgey like this will happen.