General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone been on holiday to Sark?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 May 2004 10:36

I would like to have a holidays this year in Sark Self catering cottage, but do not seem to find any brochures. Has anyone been on holiday there and how is the best way to book. Many thanks Linda

Natalie

Natalie Report 13 May 2004 10:52

I've been there for day trips when I've been on holiday to Guernsey. Try the Guernsey tourist board, in case you didn't realise you will prob need to get a ferry or flight to Guernsey first! http://tourism.guernsey(.)net/ http://www.guernseytouristboard(.)com/ Natalie

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 May 2004 13:51

Sounds as if you really enjoyed yourself Lorr. What I'm after is who would I book through for staying on the island ie self catering cottages. Lin

Sidami

Sidami Report 13 May 2004 14:15

Linda, If you just go to "Google" and put Sark holiday cottages in, it comes up with a few places where you can book....just tried it. We went to Sark about 25 years ago I think we went over by ferry from Guernsey, lovely island, if I remember right I don't think that there are any cars there

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 May 2004 15:09

Thanks Sue Thats ok I'll hire a bike - that'll be a laugh! Lin

Debs

Debs Report 13 May 2004 17:01

Hello Linda Sark is a beautiful retreat with no cars just tractors and horse-drawn carriages during the tourist season. The air is so clean and there are fantastic views. There is a wonderful shop that makes horse-shaped chocolates, a grocery store, cafes and tea shops. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I only had a day trip from Guernsey but would love to stay longer. Happy holidays. Debbie

Minnehik

Minnehik Report 13 May 2004 17:02

Wonderful place! My brother and sister in law live there! Have many fond memories of the Islands as my husband was born on Jersey and most of my family research is there. Go to - Thisisguernsey(.)com click on news and on the left side is Sark News. From there you can surf all the info you need for Sark. Have a great holiday.