General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

happy bonus day!!! Yippee!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 May 2004 17:37

what a day i have to share it with you, nice and sunny, picked up stephanie from crawley took grand daughter katie to brighton to see mum and dad. BONUS Postman had arrived just before me, i asked my mum to write to one of dads cousins, about her parents after trapsing through a wet graveyard in march. reply came today. I have my gr grandmothers birth certificate my gr gr grandmothers obituary including people who attended national health insurance act for gr gran another birth cert with a daughters married name and she even sent me her kids and grankids names i have surname leads for all the girls my gr gr gran had. I could cry i am sooooooooooo happppppy sandra

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 May 2004 17:39

Well done, I am happy for you, what a great result. ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 May 2004 17:39

Well done, I am happy for you, what a great result. ann Glos

Penny

Penny Report 14 May 2004 17:42

Its really nice to hear of other peoples success and breakthroughs. By the way seeing you mention Crawley I was born and brought up in Northgate and still have rellies in Worth and Maidenbower which district are your rellies from? Penny

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 May 2004 17:50

hi pen i moved to crawley broadfield in 1980 went to bewbush in 1986 and my ex hubby and 2 kids still live there. my y eldest daughter went to st wilfreds,school and the others to ifield, i was landlady of the brewery shades which became the hogshead in the high st,in 1991 worked as a barmaid in th white hart and shades throughout the 1980's sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 May 2004 18:02

Great news Sandra, it's lovely to hear when someone has a success! Well done, bet you're really pleased! Mandy x

Penny

Penny Report 14 May 2004 18:07

Sandra, yes my hubby and I (separetely) frequented all those pubs in the 1980's left Crawley in 1991 to move to the NE and then 3 years ago here to Norfolk. I went to Hazelwick but as the schools liaison officer for Midland bank in the late 1980's went to both St Wilfrids and Ifield to set up school banks and give business and careers talks. What a small world! Penny

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 May 2004 18:29

penny if you go to the gc members photospage website you might recognise me sandra

Penny

Penny Report 14 May 2004 18:37

Sandra will have a peep. I'm on there too but I really doubt if anyone would recognise me as my 80's hairdo is long gone!!! I remember the brewary shades for a particularly memorable night when we all turned up for pre drinks in fancy dress (my sister was having a party) our two male friends at the time came as a nun and a vicar I was an opera singer and my best friend a saucy sailor and together we had just the best eve ever! Oh those were the days.... Penny

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 May 2004 18:53

PEN JUST HAD A PEEK AT YOUR PHOTO SORRY DIDN'T RECOGNISE YOU. SEE IF YOU CAN FIND ONE FROM THE 80'S OR 90'S AND EMAIL ME SANDRA

Penny

Penny Report 14 May 2004 18:58

Sandra have emailed you direct. Penny

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 14 May 2004 19:54

hi sandra really happy for you its always nice to hear good news tina xxxxx

Lynda

Lynda Report 15 May 2004 07:54

Hi Sandra Well done, am really pleased for you! You have some great leads to follow up, good luck with all of them. Lynda x

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 May 2004 08:04

thankyou all for your replys, i even set my alarm clock so i can get started early sandra