General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Comments about the Eurovision Song Contest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 May 2004 22:45

Like most peple out there we watched the song contest we are not at all surprised are we that we didnt win what did you all think of it ,enjoyable part of it was Terry Wogan

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 15 May 2004 22:51

It was just the usual drivel. Political voting, it's becoming so predictable who'll vote for who'll. Used to love it when I was a kid. Whatever happened to Luxembourg? I seem to remember them always being good years ago, now I don't think they even take part. Don't blame them!!!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 15 May 2004 22:53

So who won? cause I didnt watch it. And did England get any votes at all? Debbie

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 15 May 2004 22:58

Beleive it or not , they are STILL voting! Even countries who didn't take part in the final are getting a vote. All I know is it definetly aint UK. They are way behind. Last look we had 24 votes one in front had 200+

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 May 2004 22:58

So far United Kindom has 27 points

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 15 May 2004 23:30

Terry Wogan was the best thing on the contest tonight. He predicted almost every vote for every country. He went very quiet after about 20 countries - I think he fell asleep. I will hasten to add it was on while I was doing something else in the room! I caught bits and the country I thought would come last - came first! Obviously my musical ear is as good as it ever was! Jacky:-)

Bob

Bob Report 15 May 2004 23:39

Zena - the warrior princess.... Wheyhey it's off to the Ukraine next year

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 May 2004 23:54

I gave up watching The Eurovision Song Contest a couple of years ago that b****y Terry Wogan talked through every performance. Why oh why haven't they sacked him yet? Jim

Sandra

Sandra Report 16 May 2004 08:15

some of the songs were better this year, but it is so political,you have to laugh, i liked sweden,england ireland and the ukraine well !! zena certainly had a lot of energy, it reminded me of a tribal dance, make it rain!!!!! no keep it sunny and terrys comments are so funny he is just so dry, is he becoming psycic he seemed to know the points, and some of the countrys have they been taking lessons from the cheeky girls, with their outs and shaking!!!!!!! sandra

Lynda

Lynda Report 16 May 2004 09:29

I'm afraid I only watched the voting, (Watching video of The Full Monty for the first time!) Karen's right Terry Wogan's remarks were not too subtle!! I see poor old Norway got Nil Point again!! Lynda

John

John Report 16 May 2004 09:56

Well, at least it launched Abba ,way back when. And they once stayed in the house where I now live, so I still use the loo reverentially.

syljo

syljo Report 16 May 2004 14:15

I watched it all the way through, listening with earphones as my husband won't listen! The usual political voting. Can't understand all the ex-Yugoslavia candidates voting for each other. It seems only yesterday they were cutting each other's throats. Strange people. They were not the only ones of course to vote for their "friends". They all seem to do it. I liked Spain very much and Germany, but they didn't stand much chance. We had a lot of male "hunks" this year, far more than previous years. What did you think of the Spanish fellow? I loved Terry Wogan's comments, so right he is on the voting. It was lovely to see all the shots of Turkey in between songs. Turkey is my favourite holiday resort - not the beaches. Missed Finland, Denmark and Italy.