General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wedding Poem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 20 May 2004 10:31

My daughter got married on Saturday, and we read out the Wedding day poem by Patience Strong that was on a thread the other week. I have to say there wasn't a dry eye in the house, So if any one else reads it out make sure there is a box of tissue's to hand. The day was a great succsess. Julia

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 20 May 2004 10:34

Julie what thread was it on as I missed it. Helen

Julia

Julia Report 20 May 2004 11:02

Helen, It was a poem found by Jo in Yarmi on Google Search, It's by Patience Strong and reads I give you to the man you love upon your wedding day No tear of mine can mar your joy,I send you on your way Grateful for the golden years when you belonged to me, Treasuring within my heart each precious memory, I'm losing you, my dear, but I am more than glad to know That you have found your love, as I found mine long, long ago. So goodbye my little girl, God keep you and God bless, Granting you life's sweetest blessings; health and happiness. Now I'v to find the tissues again Julia

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 20 May 2004 13:19

Hi Julia, Thanks for that, it has certainly brought a lump to my throat, I shall keep that in my file, for when my 2 daughters ever get married, The one's 21 in November but hasn't had a boyfriend yet, too busy studying at uni, and the other one has just left school and is busy doing G.C.S.E's but she does have a boyfriend, just hope it's a few years before I have to buy a hat, lalol Helen

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 20 May 2004 16:00

Im reading this and crying while at work, My daughter gets married on the 19th June, I would love to read this out to her at the reception but doubt if i could do it without bawling my eyes out.