General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It is finished!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 24 May 2004 11:29

I just have to tell the world, after five years studying part-time my degree is finished, I can concentrate on my tree now, it is such a relief, the only downside I will have to stop using the internet in the university library which is free for hours to do my tree research, so its back to the public library for me with limited free access, but that is a small price to pay Linda P

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 May 2004 11:33

I am so pleased for you, May i ask what degree you took?? have a nice glass of wine and relax you have done well. good luck with your tree sandra

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 24 May 2004 11:33

linda congratulations!!! i bet its a wonderful feeling im doing my NVQ2 in caring and ive got 2hours this afternoon ,sitting in the office with my assessor!! i know i will be so bored,so while your outside in the sunshine,please think of me lol susie

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 24 May 2004 11:36

Linda, Congratulations!!!!! Hope to get my dissertation done next year...it will have taken me 5 years to get my degree as well. Should have been 3 years but ill health has forced deferals along the way. Mine is a part-time degree as well. Enjoy your time finding all your rellies. Happy hunting, Viv.

Linda

Linda Report 24 May 2004 11:38

HI my degree is a BA in health studies and Psychology, and I am so pleased it is finished I did an NVQ 2 at the start when my husband left, then I did A levels and then the degree, so keep on you never know where it will end. Linda P

badger

badger Report 24 May 2004 14:15

When you say part time i take it you mean you have been doing a job as well to pay tuition fees?If so very very well done and congratulations ,as suggested already ,you could now do with chilling out for a couple of days to unwind.Fred.

Julie

Julie Report 24 May 2004 14:19

Many congrats Linda. I passed my Access to Healthcare just over a year ago, and in September I'm off to university to train as a midwife. I can't wait but this does mean that I will have to put my "tree" on hold for 3 yrs. Julie