General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SO GRATEFUL TO Lindy in the Algarve, Sue S and Hel

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 May 2004 17:31

Today has been incredible for me, thanks to these really helpful people. I know everyone on GC helps each other and that we're all grateful to each other, but Lindy, Sue and Helen helped me with two very special and important things. Usually I send an email of thanks, but this time I wanted to put my thanks where everyone could see! Thanks to a phone number from Helen, I've finally discovered exactly whose house I was born at; and thanks to Sue's research, Lindy has just found my living uncle - in South Africa - in less than three hours (I think this is also a 'personal best' for her!). I've not been in touch with any of these relatives before, so you can see why this is so exciting! Thank you very, very much. Mandy xx ............... UPDATE!! Within 10 minutes of posting this, I rang my uncle in South Africa and he was thrilled to hear from me, and we've spoken for half an hour. Will keep BT in business for the next year:) He always thought the baby his sister gave up for adoption was a boy, so assured him he was wrong :) Thanks everyone who's shared in my joy xx

Lynda

Lynda Report 24 May 2004 17:57

Mandy Just had to let you know how very pleased I am for you!! I hope you and your Uncle have a fantastic reunion. Good luck to you and well done Lindy & Helen. Lynda xxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 May 2004 18:59

Hi Mandy what good news i can see your chuffed to bits sandra

SusieQ

SusieQ Report 24 May 2004 19:38

Wow!!! That is fantastic news, i really feel happy for you. I have a similar problem so i know how happy you must feel. Hey lindy and Helen, i wonder if you could help me as well?? lol!! Sue

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 24 May 2004 20:28

It's always wonderful to hear good news, and that friends on GC have helped one another out yet again....warms the cockles of me heart!!! I bet you couldn't be happier if Spurs had won the Cup Final eh Mandy??? Well done all Dee X

Brenda

Brenda Report 24 May 2004 21:19

Mandy It is so nice to hear good news for a change,wish you and your uncle a happy future,

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 May 2004 21:19

And here's another update ...... !!! Just this minute received an email from uncle saying he was 'ecstatic' that I found him.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jun 2004 16:05

Mandy I've only just found this message - thanks! all I did was look at a book on my desk. Very chuffed to be publicly mentioned! Everyone else If I can help I will, because I would never have made so much progress with my own family research without the people on this website and lots of other nameless folk who have helped me at the Family Research Centre and at family history fair. Thanks to everybody!