General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message for Sally from Sheilds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SusieQ

SusieQ Report 24 May 2004 19:31

Hi Sally, I saw you message on another thread about you having Fibromylagia, i have to and i would very much like to get a hold of the book that you talked about. If possibel could you let me know the Author's name and who it was published by? I have been on ammytripline now on and of for about 3 years. Do you take these as well? Sue ps. hope you don't mind me asking ?

Sand

Sand Report 24 May 2004 19:47

Hi Susan, no I don't mind at all! It's lovely to hear from someone else with FM! I am still waiting for an official diagnosis as I am wating for a rheumatologist appointment, but my GP suggested FM and when I looked it up on the net, I couldn't believe it--there were all my symptoms! I hadn't realised that all my bizarre symptoms were linked! The book is called 'Fibromyalgia and Muscle Pain. Your Self Treatment Guide' by Leon Chaitow. it's £8..99, published by Thorsons (www.thorsons.com). I got my copy at Hammicks bookshop. I have followed some of his advice and it's already helped. The magnesium and calcium take several weeks to work, but really help with the insomnia and the pain. I have also stopped drinking caffeinated coffee. I have anaemia, too, which is often linked with FM. Since starting the iron tablets my symptoms have eased enough that I can manage a bit better at work--have you had your iron checked? Might be worth looking at. I would love to hear from you, if you would like to email me? We can have a moan about our symptoms!