General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

P.M.T

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 25 May 2004 09:14

Isnt P.M.T a pain in the proverbial? I suffer with it every month and I know that I'm being grumpy and horrible and I cant seem to do much about it.

Louise

Louise Report 25 May 2004 09:29

Hi Fee - You are not alone!!! I'm just wondering how many chocolate bars I can cram in my mouth at the mo plus how many people shall really really really annoy me today!! LOL - who wants to be a girlie?????

ask

ask Report 25 May 2004 09:34

MY 14 YEAR OLD SEEMS TO SUFFER FROM PERMANENT PMT OF IS IT JUST BEING A TEENAGER MAKES HER SO HORRIBLE. I JUST SEEM TO GET VERY WEEPY AT THAT TIME, BUT SHE TURNS INTO A SCREAMING SNAPPY MANIAC. MAKES FOR INTERSTING TIME IN OUR HOUSE AS WE USUALLY TIME IT TOGETHER!

Natalie

Natalie Report 25 May 2004 09:35

I suffer really bad, loads of choc and I have terrible mood swings my partner keeps away from then lol. Nat

Trish

Trish Report 25 May 2004 09:38

I don't suffer myself - but everybody else in the house does!! :-))

ask

ask Report 25 May 2004 09:40

JUST A THOUGHT WHILST WE ARE ON THIS DELICATE SUBJECT, WHAT IS "THAT TIME" CALLED THESE DAYS? HAVE HEARD, THE CURSE, HAVING MY GRANNY, THE MOONS,ETC.

Sandra

Sandra Report 25 May 2004 09:49

i suppose i'm lucky the nursery was removed 11years ago, which saved my life,but i did use to suffer horrendous migraines every month. my daughters have never suffered thankfully! I think its evening primrose that is supposed to help relieve some of the symptoms, maybe someone has tried it and can advise what they thought of it. i feel for anyone that suffers, its not pleasant. sandra

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 25 May 2004 10:10

Some months I'm fine - others I seem to get a combination. Migrane, back ache, snappy, tears, etc. Is it me - or do husbands seem to wind yo up more just before? Things they would not normally do, they end up doing? Liz

Debbie

Debbie Report 25 May 2004 10:48

I always get a headache for 5 solid days, one of those niggly ones. I tried Evening Primrose but it didnt really help. I get achey legs and snappy. and a bad back. And one thing that makes me angry is when it is not the time of the month, and Boyfriend and me having a little argument he always ask is it the time of the month. Men they just dont know what we have to put up with. Debbie

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 25 May 2004 11:10

I get terrible PMT and Im almost 49, I have quite a big chest anyway but during those crucual few days it becomes unbearable.. Iv tried Evening Primrose oil but the capsules were so big that I thought id been given suppositories by mistake, Has anyone found any other forms that may be easier to take?

Michelle

Michelle Report 25 May 2004 11:11

My daughter gets it really bad. Only this morning she told me there isn't anything wrong with her, it's me, her Dad and her Brother who have problems. God bless the people she works with. M.

Ann

Ann Report 25 May 2004 11:21

Hi all, My 17 year old daughter suffers with pmt, all the usual stuff (grumpy, moody, etc.) My husband, son and I find ourselves tiptoeing around her for a few day just to keep the peace!!! Bless her, we know she can't help it!! Ann x x

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 25 May 2004 11:21

I used to suffer from back, leg and stomach ache and stomach cramps that you wouldn't believe plus dreadful mood swings, bloating and cravings. Eased a little when I went on the pill, got a bit better after 1 child, easier after twins and then...Bang! Hit the menopause at 42. Had a hysterectomy nearly 2 years ago at 45 because I had permanant periods, flooding and clotting due to cervical errosion and fibroids (very,very ill) I had everything removed and now have HRT patches. For the first time in 30 odd years I FEEL BRILLIANT !!! Next time I'm coming back as a man! Viv.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 25 May 2004 11:58

ive got pmt right now and hubby isnt helping by annoying the hell out of me hehe

Sand

Sand Report 25 May 2004 20:27

I had terrible PMT for years. I was reffered to a gynacologist who tried everything--various different contraceptive pills, suppostiories, diet, evening primrose, etc. The only thing I have ever found that works, and REALLY works is acupuncture! I had several treatments and now just need to go for a 'top-up' treatment every 6months or so. I now just get one day of grumpiness, rather than two weeks of violence, pain and depression! It also reduced my flow dramatically. Acupuncture is also fab for breast pain--the only thing I've found that works, though I'm told vitamin E is good. Anne, I hate to say it, but PMT may not be the cause of your daughter's 'symptoms'--from my experience teenage boys are just as moody, aggressive and mean as any pre-menstrual woman!

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 May 2004 20:56

I take B6 a for week, the week before. It really helps me for all pmt problems.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 May 2004 21:06

Anne, I work in a school and not so long ago heard one of the mums telling another mum that 'her auntie had visited during the night'. She was saying it in a secretive way, which I found a bit odd, mentioned it to someone else and they explained all !! Now we use it as a joke at home when I've got PMT - my mum tells everyone to watch out for auntie! And yes, I too am a sufferer, but for some very odd reason it's got slightly better as I've got older (I'm now 40). My doctor did prescribe some pessaries which were horribly messy at the time, but really sorted it out. I just make sure that hubby knows exactly when it is so that he can totally ignore my childish outbursts (and chocolate scavenging!) LOL

Sandi

Sandi Report 25 May 2004 21:19

You should all think yourselves lucky. In Stoke on Trent EVERYONE suffers from PMT. Male as well as female ..........its the name of the local bus company!!!!!.........

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 25 May 2004 21:49

Hiya all when the pmt stops and the CHANGE!! starts dont know which is worse but the doc put me on happy pills so i just pop one every day and i am a happy chappy but i have heard starflower is very good byeeeeeeee

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 25 May 2004 21:54

Sandie nice one haha