General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is Jacky J back from Twickenham yet?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 26 May 2004 22:14

Not a word so far, I would have been out of my tree after those two great games. Probably the best ever. Derek in France;

Derek

Derek Report 27 May 2004 21:54

still not back?

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 27 May 2004 22:04

:-) :-) :-) I am back and have just watched the highlights on TV! The Parker Pen Cup on Saturday between Harlequins and Monterrand was great with the final try scored in the last few seconds of injury time. Atmosphere was brilliant! Twickenham. well what can I say. Even 15 year old daughter thought it was great and enjoyed the whole experience. The atmosphere was brilliant and when Wasps scored at the end the stadium errupted. Again the atmosphere was fantastic. I would like to say that I was so impressed by the good natured banter that went on between the French and English supporters for both matches. The only downfall on Sunday at Twickenham was that it was sponsored by Heineken and that was the only beer available but they closed the bar when the match started and didn't open it again until afterwards. Not even in half time! Now thinking of getting tickets to take Grandsons to the Millenium Stadium to see Jason Leanoard XV against Neil Jenkins XV. Us in our England shirts and them in their Welsh ones! Jacky :-)

Derek

Derek Report 27 May 2004 22:11

Jacky, have a look at your thread 'Dilemma' for my observations. Did you know that in Toulouse, they put a large screen in the square, it was packed. When poor Dallaglio was sinbinned, you would think they had won the game. Not the most sporting supporters, the French. Well done, Derek

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 27 May 2004 22:19

Derek, I should imagine that watching on a big screen in a crowd would be great too. What a shame the French weren't as good natured over there. I was surprised by how many spares they seemed to have that came on the field! I bet the man who let Howley get the ball at the end is not a popular person at the moment! I hadn't relaised it would be a qualifier for Europe next year. An even better result! Even on the replay I could not see why Delallgio was sent off. Unfortunately we are away this weekend and will miss the England match on Sunday and also Wasps v Bath. Jacky:-) saving up for more Twickenham tickets!