General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Verse for Wedding card.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 28 May 2004 17:43

Hi all, Please could someone help me as I have had a hand made wedding card made for my niece, and now I,m stuck for a nice verse to go inside. If possable could I also have a verse for her mam & dad to send too. I'm hopless with that sort of thing. Many thanks. Jill

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 28 May 2004 18:43

May gods loving presence be with you, on your wedding day, Gently inspiring the vows you make as you join your hands and hearts in marriage. Congratulations Can try a few more for you if you would like?

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 28 May 2004 18:59

With special love as you are married. To wish you all the love and happiness two elated hearts can hold. And love that grows still deeper as future years unfold. Congratulations Any use?

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 28 May 2004 19:03

Hi Eileen Thanks for the verse. If you wouldn't mind trying to make another one for me I would be so grateful to you, because I'm really stuck.(I didn't think of verses when I ordered the cards) Thanks Jill

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 28 May 2004 19:18

May your wonderful dreams all begin to come through the moment that you finish saying "I do!" Congratulations and best of luck to you both! A loving marriage is an immeasurable strength and a joy beyond compare. As you begin your married life together, rejoice in having found such happiness with each other. These are verses from my greeting card software. Will keep trying for you.

Bob

Bob Report 28 May 2004 19:19

How about a Shakespear Sonnet Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments. Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken; It is the star to every wandering bark, Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks Within his bending sickle's compass come: Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, But bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved. William Shakespeare

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 28 May 2004 19:27

Congratulations to a very special couple May all the happiness life has to offer be yours..... today and forever Not quite Shakespeare!

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 28 May 2004 19:37

A special wish that you will share many years of happiness together, yet still remain as young at heart and as much in love as you are today! Have a beaitiful marriage! That's it! Hope you can find something suitable in among that lot! Best wishes to the happy couple! Eileen

Bob

Bob Report 28 May 2004 19:39

A Good Wedding Cake. 1lb butter of youth. 4lbs of love. 1lb of good looks, 1lb of sweet temper. 3lb of self forgetfulness. 1lb of pounded wit. 1lb of blindness of faults. 1lb of good humour. 1 tablespoon of sweet argument. 1 pint of rippling laughter. 1 wine glass of common sense. 1oz of modesty.

Bob

Bob Report 28 May 2004 19:41

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen each other in all labor, to minister to each other in all sorrow, to share with each other in all gladness, to be one with each other in the silent unspoken memories? George Eliot 1819-80

Bob

Bob Report 28 May 2004 19:42

May the sun bring you new energies by day, May the moon softly restore you by night, May the rain wash away any worries you may have, And the breeze blow new strength into your being, And then, all the days of your life, May you walk gently through the world, and know its beauty and yours. Author Unknown

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 28 May 2004 20:02

Hi Eileen and Bob Thank you both so much for helping me. I'm sure to use a few of them on the cards. Bob I love the recipe . thanks Jill

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 May 2004 20:28

Love! look at the two of you each other's heart you have won may joy bless your union as you two become one.