General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"COME ON YOU BLUES".........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 May 2004 20:47

Ooooo we are so excited - we are off to Cardiff Millenium Stadium in the morning to watch BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v BRISTOL, in the play off final.Being Sussex born and bread we would love Brighton to win - but just the fact that we are at The Millenium Stadium is enough for us - l know we will both cry!!!! Hubby is a life long Albion Supporter so a win would be something really special. Camera at the ready!!! Jude x

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2004 10:27

They won .............. 1 - 0!!!!!!! guess what l did'nt take the camera:o( and sitting in the row in front of us was a man & his family who used to work with my hubby in Horsham. Most of the Sussex crowd had left home at 7am, we left at 11am:o) All of us had a much longer journey home,the dual carriage ways and M4 were packed - so exciting though, you could still hear hooters and cheering, even the Bristol team were sort of joining in.One of their coaches and a car stopped on the hard shoulder - the occupants were all bursting for the loo - it looked so funny - all the men/boys were standing in a row along the hedgerow and all the women were perched up some steps - oh l wish l had my camera!!! The Millenium Stadium is amazing,it holds 70,000 and yesterday it held approx 65,200 .The whole thing was brilliantly organised - directions on the motorway,in the town.Park & Ride and all the stewards brilliant. The son of old friends got the tickets for us, he queued for 4 hours!!!!!! and we sat next to him and his 2 brothers.GREAT DAY OUT:o)))))))))) Jude x

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2004 11:03

GREAT STUFF JUDE. GLAD YOUR TEAM WON. HOW ABOUT THAT STADIUM? AWESOME OR WHAT? DID YOU SEE ME THERE jUDE? I WAS THE STREAKER WITH A DAFFODIL TATTOOED ON MY REAR LOL. LOVE TERRI XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2004 11:34

Ohhhh thats what they were shouting "get that daffi off the pitch" and l thought they said "Taffi". Might have known it was you!!!!!!!! lol lol. AWESOME is a much better word!!! Jude x

Lynda

Lynda Report 31 May 2004 19:01

Hi Jude Glad you enjoyed the match!! I am well pleased they won (for obvious reasons!!!!!!) Back in the first division and now all we need is a stadium!!!! Lynda (:-)))))))))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2004 19:44

Lynda - l did me bit - everytime the fans sang the bit about Falmer "stand up............." don't know the rest, l stood up!!!!To think we had 30 plus thousand there yesterday - just think how many fans would/could watch if we had a stadium!!!!!!! Jude

Lynda

Lynda Report 31 May 2004 20:06

Thanks Jude, for doing your bit!!! (:-)))))))