General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

are you turning into your mum ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 1 Jun 2004 07:54

just been down to see my lovely old nan and cos she 87 she doesnt get out much so she sits in her chair watching the world go by,well she was telling my aunty about the houses in her street theres only 6 of them and because brand new cars go up there she is sure that the house at the top of the close is a drug dealers (its not) well my aunty is saying mother its not and i said to my aunty you will like that and kerrie(my cousin) will say mother its not ,but i feel im turning into my mum saying things to my kids that she said to me so one day i will too be like my nan so do you feel your turning into your mum?

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Jun 2004 08:20

I'm not like my mum, but my 9 yr old daughter is a total granny-clone! They are so alike personality wise its scary! lol

Sandra

Sandra Report 1 Jun 2004 09:29

hi I hope Not!!!!!!!! Saying that i am the image of her which is spooky when you look in the mirror, and have genetic back problems like her, the only difference is i dose myself up and do things till i drop as i refuse to let life pass me by. whereas she stays in and rarely goes out, and moans that my dad [her carer] is like a mother hen, taking hours over the washing up and hoovering, he must be so bored, i bought him a book by haynes on computers the mechaniical side, and when i saw him it was as if 10 years had vanished as he had something interesting to talk about .my mum does have hobbies and is a very talented painter and crafts women, ps i am the black sheep of the family, i can do nothing right!!!!! whereas the other 3 can do no wrong. still i love them both even with their faults their still my mum and dad and i would do anything for them sandra

Steph

Steph Report 1 Jun 2004 09:46

I catch myself saying the exact same things to my 6 year old as my Mum said to me all the time!! The usual 'don't come running to me....' & 'well, don't say I didn't warn you...' I look exactly like her too!!( though a few years younger). No bad thing, though. My mum is now 65 and looks about 50, does Yoga, Ty Chee(probably wrong spelling!), swims and writes articles for her local paper, & can drink me under the table with her pints of Stella, and is possibly the coolest granny ever!! I quite look forward to turning into her! God bless Mum's! Steph ;-)))))

Geoff

Geoff Report 1 Jun 2004 09:55

No.

Natalie

Natalie Report 1 Jun 2004 13:59

I hope not lol Nat

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Jun 2004 14:06

Sandra, so much of what you've written could be my words. I hope to God I never turn out like my mother. Only yesterday I said to my hubby, if I get like my Mother please tell me and his reply was, if you do, your Dad can take you back home. My mother is so wrapped up in herself, she's always ill (in the mind), she watches every medical programme on the TV, real or fictional, she loves being in hospital, my Dad runs around after her, doing everything for her, she stays indoors all the time, I could go on. If I show signs of turning into my mother, I'd shoot myself. M.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Jun 2004 16:39

Kylie I realised I was slowly turning into a clone of my parents the first time I moaned about what rubbish was on Top Of The Pops, and how the music wasn't as good as in my day. Now where had I heard that before??! LOL Christine

Bev

Bev Report 1 Jun 2004 16:42

oh my god please nooooooooooooo love my mum to bits, but i don't want to be her lol Bev

valinkent

valinkent Report 1 Jun 2004 17:46

Sorry Terri I thought you where refering to my message about my Mum and i took offence to what you said. I appologise . Val

Karen

Karen Report 8 Jun 2004 02:42

nudge