General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gonks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 2 Jun 2004 16:07

Just sitting in the computer room, and glancing towards the window there are three furbees sitting on the sill. They put me in mind of Gonks, anybody remember them? Andy

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Jun 2004 16:13

Hi Andy When I was a kid our dog had a gonk that it used to play with. It was a knitted affair that Mum got from a jumble sale - most delightful when covered in dog saliva! lol. As our dog was a cross Jack Russell and Yorkshire Terrier the gonk was nearly as big as her. Jeanette

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 2 Jun 2004 16:16

gosh!!! whenever i talk about my gonk to my kids they say"what!" mine was loveley.a great big head,long stripey legs and massive hands lol.wonder why they never had a body lol mine also had a donny osmond style hat lol it makes me feel sooo old just thinking about him:( mind you it was in the 60s ive still got all my trolls though,lol susie

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 2 Jun 2004 16:19

I'm actually too young to remember them and just rely on information from rellies! LOL, Just kidding, trolls, my eldest used to collect them and one day decided to get the scissors and give them all a 'skinhead'. they actually looked better and they're still knocking about somewhere. Andy

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Jun 2004 17:12

GOSH!!! GONKS AND TROLLS leave the 70's revisit in the 21st century 2004 whatever little gems will turn up next, MMMmmmmmmmmmm SMURFS lol sandra

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 2 Jun 2004 17:36

I HATE the Smurfs!!!!! Irrational but nevertheless ....

badger

badger Report 2 Jun 2004 18:17

our gonks were thrown in the kids toy box years ago ,and now the grandchildren play with them. They are still going strong but look a bit tatty now,.Fred.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jun 2004 18:20

I had a bright pink one !!!! Happy memories, but feel old now :)

Sue

Sue Report 2 Jun 2004 18:30

I had a gonk with black fur fabric for hair. It was cut in a Beatles mophead style. I called him Georgeous after George Harrison. I wonder what happened to him? Must go and look in the loft! Sue

badger

badger Report 2 Jun 2004 18:35

wot you doing with George Harrison in your loft Sue?,hes,e a bit old for a toy boy.Fred.

Karen

Karen Report 2 Jun 2004 19:39

Oh yes I had one lol. My kids dont know what they are either. Used to have a troll on the end of my pencil in school, with long yellow hair, lol. Karen : )

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Jun 2004 19:43

i think iv still got a purple gonk somewhere....lol

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 2 Jun 2004 19:52

many kids of today wouldnt enjoy gonks. They prefer action toys, and let's face it have you ever seen an eagle eye gonk? or a mighty morphin' power gonk? Now there's an idea. Andy

Karen

Karen Report 8 Jun 2004 02:53

yes i had a gonk