General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

want to talk to africa

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 2 Jun 2004 19:35

hi my name is donna anyone want to talk i live in swaziland in africa am british havent been home in awhile coming back in september to play world bowls i would imagine uk has changed alot in 18 yrs

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jun 2004 20:17

Hi Donna Last week I made contact with my uncle for the very first time - very kindly found by a lovely person on this site called Lindy. He lives in Empangeni, SA. You should take a look now and again at the chat board, there's usually some people around at most times of the day and night! Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jun 2004 20:20

Hi Donna, I have no connection with Africa but wanted to say Hi all the same. Hope you enjoy the site and make loads of friends too. Best wishes, Jo.

Chris

Chris Report 2 Jun 2004 21:27

Hi Donna, Africa holds a special place in my heart. Travelled through Africa with my husband in 1974. Didn't go to Swaziland though. Just last night I was just looking at old letters that we had sent home from our travels to our parents who kept them for us as a record of our time in Africa.

Bad_Wolf

Bad_Wolf Report 2 Jun 2004 23:10

I was born and raised in Africa (mainly East Africa, but also Nigeria), and I still feel the call to return, though don't have the cash. It is a harsh, raw, violent continent that infects you with its beautiful magic. It upsets me seeing blacks in this country "going back to their roots" and speaking American Black, with American rap; I feel that only two Americans have managed to capture African music - Neil Diamond (African Trilogy), and Paul Simon (Gracelands). I hope you are not too disappointed on your return - a lot has changed, and not all for the better. Rob