General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help naming kitten....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susanne

Susanne Report 2 Jun 2004 23:06

We have just gained a new family member, a 6 week old kitten. She is a Tortoiseshell, semi long haired little girl and she is a little treasure. The only problem is that we cannot think of a name for her! We have a Sadie(dog)Ceefer and Sasha(cats) and we used to have Tia(dog) Misha, Muffitt, Tizzy and Whiskey(cats) now we have ran out of ideas. Can anyone help please? I put a couple of pics on GC Photo's on page 4 (susanne) Sue:-)

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 2 Jun 2004 23:21

Hi Sue, don't think we've spoken before, The pics are lovely, she looks like a ball of chocolate, so what about Mocha? Helen

Andy(GC)

Andy(GC) Report 2 Jun 2004 23:26

photo page??

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Jun 2004 23:30

http://groups.msn(.)com/GCPhotospage

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 3 Jun 2004 00:22

I once had a tortoise-shell cat called "Bonnie." I also had 2 female cats called "Queenie" (torte) and "Tilly" (tortoise-shell & white, very fluffy) and now have one called "Rosie," (black, ginger & tabby.) We also used to have a Burmilla (white tipped with pale grey) called "Misty." Hope this helps you decide! ~Ingrid.

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 3 Jun 2004 01:26

My friend has a tortoiseshell called MARLEY. her other cats are Murphy, Mindy and PJ.... Let us know what you end up naming her!! Jill x

Sally

Sally Report 3 Jun 2004 06:39

How about Susie? I can imagine you going outside calling susie. Any way what ever you decide pleaseeeeee let us know.

Eames

Eames Report 3 Jun 2004 08:58

Sue, I once had a tortie .. her name was Ruffle .. as you can guess.. all ruffled, her sister was Peb and the other sister was a blue cream tortie, name was Ash. T

Susanne

Susanne Report 4 Jun 2004 22:20

Hi All, Many thanks for all of your suggestions. As we had so many wonderful names to choose from, we wrote all the names down on paper and got my 2 year old to draw one out. Our kitten now has the name 'Tilly'. Once again Many Thanks Sue:-) & Tilly xx

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 5 Jun 2004 01:12

Some lovely names suggested... I hope you're happy with the one your little one pulled out of the hat! I know I am! "Tilly" is such a pretty, girlie name and so sweet for such a cute lil' fluffball! *My* Tilly was more white than tortoiseshell & ginger, *your* Tilly looks more like *my* "Queenie"! She was mostly dark too but had those lovely cream and gingery "flecks" all over! She was so beautiful... Please keep adding to your photo album as she grows up Sue, I just know she's going to be a stunner! Enjoy the fun! ~Ingrid.

Sally

Sally Report 5 Jun 2004 07:33

Love the name Tilly, do hope you will keep us up to date with her progress. Have a happy Life Tilly, Love Sally.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 5 Jun 2004 09:57

Sue, We called our Kitten Buffy (of vampire slayer fame) very modern don't you think? The Tom we called Spike . Bob