General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

todays the day--up date

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 3 Jun 2004 09:32

well here it is the day i have stoped smoking got my patch on, and not feeling to bad at moment. got that much fruit in i just hope i eat it before it goes bad . oh well just thought i would let u all no......

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jun 2004 09:36

Louise, Just wish i had your willpower good luck

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 Jun 2004 09:54

louise my patches are still in their box in the bedroom lol i bought them last december but somehow i keep forgetting to use them:( good luck susie

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 3 Jun 2004 10:14

Louise Good luck - everytime your willpower sags just think of all that luberleeeeeeeeeee money your saving, how much your not smelling like an ashtray and what wonders your doing your skin by eating all that fruit and not drying it out with the smoke of your ciggie. Treat yourself to something really nice each week that a ciggie hasn't passed your lips. In admiration from a non smoker Debi

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 12:02

Well done Louise, keep it up girl!! I would also be thinking of what to buy with the saved money .... why don't you actually put it in a box so you can see how much you wasted over the years LOL. Love Mandy :)

badger

badger Report 3 Jun 2004 17:07

Good luck to you,if i can do it after smoking for forty years, anyone can,give it three weeks till you get your sense of smell back and start tasting food and you won,t know yourself.Fred.

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Jun 2004 20:10

hi louise good luck, i used the patches and their quite good, sandra

Penny

Penny Report 3 Jun 2004 20:12

Good luck to you, perhaps if you feel a weak moment coming on you can rush to the boards to see all your encouraging messages, Best Wishes Penny

Sue

Sue Report 3 Jun 2004 20:20

Good Luck Louise. Just take one day at a time. If there is something you are used to doing during the day whilst having a ciggie, change it slightly. For example, if you sit in a specific chair to have your morning coffee and fag - sit in another chair. If you automatically light up when you answer the phone - suck or chew the end of a pen. It's amazing what the power of thought can do. Well it worked for me :o). Sue (a smoker in remission) - now off the weed for 1 year, 1 month and 4 days!

Louise

Louise Report 7 Jun 2004 12:38

really pleased with myself its now been 5 days and i dont feel to bad at all

Louise

Louise Report 7 Jun 2004 12:46

Donna (In Sussex) dont think i would have got this far without the patches give it a go and good luck

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jun 2004 13:27

Hey Lou - well done and congratulation,its all in the mind!!! keep it up:~) Jude s.wales

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Jun 2004 14:01

well done lou keep it up lol sandra

Sue

Sue Report 7 Jun 2004 15:54

Well done Louise! Keep it up. As I said before - take one day at a time and soon it will be a week, then a month, then before you know it a year will have gone by! Almost a week now, very well done Best wishes Sue x

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 7 Jun 2004 17:04

I'm not a smoker, so I don't know, but I would think that the first few days would be the hardest (because of what it does to your system) so maybe it can only get easier??? I wish you the best of luck, Lisa.

Louise

Louise Report 9 Jun 2004 08:49

i nearly lost it last night at work im so use to sitting down with a cup of tea and a fag it was driving me mad so washed the tea away and got a drink of pop instead and sat with the non smokers it feels very strange not having a fag in my hand

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jun 2004 15:29

Well done so far, Louise. Stick with it. What about a box to put in money not spent on ciggies and then spending it on a few certificates., More info., better health. That can't be a bad thing. Good luck, keep busy.