General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 3 Jun 2004 10:03

Very off topic here! I don't suppose anyone has read the books? Has anyone seen the film? I saw it yesterday and was rather disappointed by it. They cut out a lot. Would love to know other people's opinions.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 3 Jun 2004 11:28

Hi Chloe - the trouble is that if they put it all in, then it would have to be about 6 hours long and kids couldn't cope! Don't think my bladder could cope either! I believe that JK Rowling has a big say as to what is cut/changed, so at least it isn't random. I think the main thing is that MOST of it follows exactly the books. But then I always prefer books to films anyway - with a couple of exceptions! Haven't seen it yet, but will go with mum and daughter maybe next week. Be nice to hear a review from someone who has read the book too! Maz. XX

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 3 Jun 2004 17:08

Hi Maz For some reason, perhaps it was the new director, they have a different setting for the Walloping Willow and Hagrid's cabin. It seems very strange and is not how the book describes it at all. It was good. It definitely wasn't rubbish. However they missed out Cho's introduction, only had the one Quidditch match, and seemed rushed in the middle. At least they kept in the bit where Hermione punches Draco Malfoy. That is my favourite thing in the 3rd book! The fact that Hermione turns back time is not very well explained, or even noted in the film. I dread the fourth one.... if they cut out a lot in the 3rd book, how much will they be cutting from the 4th!?! Still it was good.... I love the bit where Harry shouts out 'Expecto patronum', best bit! And it still has its humour too which is also good. Chloe

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 3 Jun 2004 17:15

I suppose I ought to reread the book! Daughter (age 8) had it on tape from the library - read by Stephen Fry. She LOVED it!! Maz. XX

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 3 Jun 2004 18:23

Ah Stephen Fry reading it would be rather classic. My favourite book is the 4th one. The fifth one was difficult to get into and Harry was starting to annoy me with his teenage strops etc! LOL. Hope anyone who goes, enjoy it thoroughly.... I probably look for faults in it, so don't worry! Chloe

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 3 Jun 2004 19:00

Chloe if you go to your library they should be able to get hold of ALL the books on either tape or CD - ALL read by Stephen Fry!! Maz. XX