General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

maiden name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Antony

Antony Report 4 Jun 2004 16:25

hello,my great great grandfather edward danby born thirsk yorkshire 1858 and was married to eliza danby born Llanchwait on lyon in norfolk 1850,now what i want to do is get there marriage certifcate so that i can get her maiden name.so how do i do this. Thank you in advance (if anyone can even tell me where about's in norfolk this is would be a help)

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 4 Jun 2004 16:32

Ho Anthony There are 2 great sites for Birhs, Marriage and Deaths: http://freebmd(.)rootsweb(.)com - this is a FREE site to look up and is run by volunteers, therefore it is incomplete but updated regularly. https://www(.)1837online(.)com - this is a PAY FOR VIEW site and is reasonably priced ( £6 for 55 look ups) and is the full registration index for England and Wales. Much happiness Debi P.S Remove the brackets

Antony

Antony Report 4 Jun 2004 16:34

thank very much

Kevin

Kevin Report 4 Jun 2004 17:28

Anthony, There is no such place in Norfolk. Names beginning Ll... are usually in Wales.

Antony

Antony Report 5 Jun 2004 00:06

the 1901 census say's that it is in norfolk,but thank you will see if i can find it in wales

Geoff

Geoff Report 5 Jun 2004 00:51

I bet this is her Eliza GIBSON Household Female -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Other Information: Birth Year <1850> Birthplace Church Warton, Norfolk, England Age 31 Occupation Schoolmistress Marital Status U <Unmarried> Head of Household Robert LAWN Relation Boarder Disability -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Long Street Census Place Thirsk, York, England Family History Library Film 1342163 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4820 / 35 Page Number 61 Birth of eldest son backs this up Births Jun 1883 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DANBY Ernest Gibson Thirsk 9d 437 Llanchwaiton Churchwarton A slight similarity perhaps?

Antony

Antony Report 6 Jun 2004 00:10

thank you geoff i'am sure that's her