General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trouble Accessing Message Boards?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 5 Jun 2004 01:03

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the message boards? Have just spent the last 5mins continually clicking on all boards, and just getting "The Page cannot be found"!!?? When I do eventually get onto a board, have the same problem if there is more than 1 page to the thread. It's driving me round the twist! I have had this problem for the last couple of days. Dare I even mention, that this has only been happening since we had the name change? Debbie Having the same problem adding my message!!?? Grrrrrrrr

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 5 Jun 2004 01:51

I have been having problems all evening had to log off and am still getting problems LIz

Crista

Crista Report 5 Jun 2004 08:28

Try the following: http://www.genesreunited*com/genesreunited.asp?wci=ThreadedBoard&bb_type=B&bb_orig_key=569556 Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jun 2004 13:20

I had trouble getting on message boards on Thursday. Kept getting Register Now page. I managed to get on last night but only after I retyped genesreunited into search engine. Then again this am it wouldn't let me on message boards, but now has let me in!! It seems to be since they 'upgraded' the sight and name - what a coincidence eh!! Have also sent 3 emails and not had a reply to any. Margaret

Deborah

Deborah Report 5 Jun 2004 15:17

Fingers crossed, seems ok today! Glad it wasn't just me. Debbie

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 5 Jun 2004 15:38

Fix for 'page cannot be found' This error is the result of previously cached files. This simplest solution is to bookmark the new url www.genesreunited Alternatively clearing your temporary internet files and cookies should resolve this error. For windows explorer select: Tools, Internet options, Delete cookies, Delete files. After this is done close your browser and then reopen it. This should solve the problem, if not please write to support and let us know. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. All best, Genes team

Brian

Brian Report 5 Jun 2004 16:12

Hi Deborah, When I get "this page cannot be found" I usually give it another go....just click as normal, and more often than not, it works!! Dunno why......... Give it a try. You know "if at first you don't succeed, etc....." Brian