General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fix for 'page not found'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 5 Jun 2004 14:40

This error is the result of previously cached files. This simplest solution is to bookmark the new url www.genesreunited.co.uk.. Alternatively clearing your temporary internet files and cookies and history should resolve this error. For windows explorer select: Tools, Internet options, Delete cookies, Delete files clear history After this is done close your browser and then reopen it. This should solve the problem, if not please write to support and let us know. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. All best, Genes team

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Jun 2004 15:00

thankyou for the info sandra

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jun 2004 16:15

Thank you for the prompt and friendly advice on resolving this problem. More like this please and this site'll be back on course in no time. Angela :)

Annabel

Annabel Report 6 Jun 2004 02:54

nudge

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 7 Jun 2004 11:53

Hate to say this, but since the name change have had more error messages than correct hits when trying to access all parts of the genes site - and it's not my cookies or my temporary files - they've all been cleared out. There seem to be SO may people having this problem that I think you have to admit that it's something to do with the genes site. Look forward to it being fixed as at the moment it's a real problem!! Maggie