General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So excited I just had to share this....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 5 Jun 2004 15:04

I have not been researching long, but have been hitting so many brick walls it's not real! My first breakthrough was the marriage certificate for my grandparents giving me details of g-grandparents (exciting enough!!) but I couldn't read half the stuff. Well, I have been poring over the cerificate, trawling through webpage after webpage, census transcripts the lot...and I finally (in one go!) found no less than 12 new rellies!!! And all because my g-granmother has a fairly unusual surname, and my grandfather was boarding with them at the time of the 1901 census!!! I can't believe my luck!!! Sorry for jumping up and down, but I couldn't keep this to myself :o)))

Julia

Julia Report 5 Jun 2004 15:18

Sarah, Well done it's a great feeling isn't it. I have also just found G.G.Grandparents marraige on BMD something I,v been looking for a long time.. Well done Julia

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Jun 2004 15:25

Sarah its always great when someone has a breakthrough and we all love sharing them and reading them it keeps all of us going when a brickwall comes up, your tree will grow quite quickly you'll be surprised. happy hunting sandra

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jun 2004 15:44

Well done Sarah Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jun 2004 15:58

Well done & congratulations, you've given me the insentive to start searching again:o) Jude s.wales

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 5 Jun 2004 18:10

I'm so happy to read your posting! Well done!

Julia

Julia Report 7 Jun 2004 20:02

i was only researching one week when a george warrener contacted me from edinburgh it may look like his dad is my grandads bro and im the missing link.lol not just first thing am either.lolGeorge is 85 x mansfield notts and has chased our family to 1614. i wished id listened to uncle eddy pre to his deathin in 1993 as he researched was back 800th century and more...he was seen as a nutter well uncle eddy so am i . im hooked.julia warrener12.5.1952