General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Solve your connection problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bob

Bob Report 5 Jun 2004 22:41

see below

Bob

Bob Report 5 Jun 2004 22:44

The advice from admin is to change the url on the link you use to access GR. To do this right click on the shortcut or icon and select properties. You can then just change connected to reunited. Click OK and Robert's your mother's brother. Bob

Ann

Ann Report 5 Jun 2004 23:49

thanks Bob.....But Roberts not my mother's brother, he's my father's brother!!!! Ann

Philip

Philip Report 6 Jun 2004 12:27

No, he's not, he's my maternal grandad! lol! Philip

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 6 Jun 2004 12:32

He's my great uncle-in-law, my father-in-law, my uncle and I'm married to him. He certainly gets around!!

Philip

Philip Report 6 Jun 2004 13:01

Phew, what a busy chap! Glad to know we're all related! lol! Philip

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jun 2004 13:59

ME, My Dad and My Grandad were ALL robert edward.....'s so THERE!!!!!!!!

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 6 Jun 2004 14:07

No he's not, he's my husband!! Hi Bob, I'm still looking out for the bearded lorry driver!! Ros, also in Wonderful Worcesterhsire.

Eames

Eames Report 6 Jun 2004 16:25

Err no... MY Robert (Bob.. no no not THIS Bob) is MY mother's brother .. soooo... THERE! :oP T

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jun 2004 17:15

Look folks.... *It's just an expression* Robert is actually me, my father, his father and grandfather. That's as far as I have got . So lay off and leave us Roberts alone. xxx Bob

Eames

Eames Report 6 Jun 2004 19:03

Do we have to..? :oP T

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jun 2004 19:05

Watch it Tracy... Your name would lend itself well to a limerick. Tracy O'Leary from Newry.... hmmm?

Philip

Philip Report 6 Jun 2004 19:13

OK Bob, "Bob's your uncle!" ..... nudge, nudge, wink, wink..lol! Good on yer! Philip

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jun 2004 19:25

There’s Tracy O’Leary from Newry And Phillip from Glorious Devon If ever they met You could make a big bet That a marriage would not be in Heaven Sorry... I couldn't help myself

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jun 2004 20:01

Philip as you say,"nudge nudge, a nod is a good as a wink to a blind man" SAY no more! bob

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 6 Jun 2004 22:28

As my 16 year old son says to me, "Bob's your uncle, well perhaps not, he's your Dad and my Grandad!" Gets a bit wearing after the 5th time.....grrrrrrrrr! LOL. He's also perfectly correct! Viv.

Bob

Bob Report 6 Jun 2004 22:29

Val There is a second line to that verse... Eat all, drink all and pay nowt.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 7 Jun 2004 17:42

As another Bob just had a look to see the origin seems to be based on nepotism http://www.quinion*com/words/qa/qa-bob1.htm Seems a good site by the way Bob the Uncle

Philip

Philip Report 8 Jun 2004 10:57

Hello Bob, OK, point taken. By the way, Fanny's NOT my aunt! Philip

Marion

Marion Report 8 Jun 2004 12:02

Well...........Would you Adam an' Eve it!!!!!!.