General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

prince charles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 7 Jun 2004 21:29

Sorry if i am out of order but i was watching him the other day on t.v talking to the war vets and i noticed all his medals across his chest he had more then the men who went to war what a insult to the men and women who served in the war how did he earn his?????

badger

badger Report 7 Jun 2004 22:27

The same can be said of hrh duke of edinburgh, won one or two during the war yes,but got the rest for marrying the queen. Did anyone notice that the queen had gagged him this time round?,rumour has it that she gave him a right coating for the last balls up. Definitly under the thumb ,that one ,and what a waste of space.Fred.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 7 Jun 2004 22:51

perhaps phil gets another medal if he behaves while out

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Jun 2004 22:52

Funny how its OK to critiscise Prince Charles and Prince Philip, but not Ronald Reagan?????????? See the Ronald Reagan thread Double standards I think.

badger

badger Report 7 Jun 2004 22:57

I don,t really see how double standards come into the equasion,Mr reagon was never a member of our royal family ,and he did earn all of his medals serving in the forces.Maybe he did create quite a few gaffes in his time ,but, he was a great president ,and a great statesman.Fred.

William

William Report 7 Jun 2004 22:58

Iwould criticise all three Margaret,for not being very good "actors" at their jobs. Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.

Ernest

Ernest Report 7 Jun 2004 23:02

Come come now don't lets be uncharitable he has earned each and every one of them. For instance there was tyhe one he won for bedding Camilla Then the one he won for getting the grade E A level and another for braving the cold of winter at gordonstown in Scotland and another for walking the mile behind his wifes coffin at the funeral. And he was the Captain of a mine sweeper so he won a medal hunting mines (in loch Ness) I could go on and name all his heroics. So come on give the man the praise that is due to him. Stand and Salute; NO NO NOT WITH TWO FINGERS. Oh yes he won a medal for handing my daughter her B Sc. Cheers Ernest

Mags

Mags Report 8 Jun 2004 05:48

OK Andrew went to war, shame he didn't think fit to attend the D Day memorial in Normandy

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jun 2004 08:41

LOL Ernest, how very true!! Sorry to go slightly off the subject and I don't usually get involved in any royalty debates but was appalled about Prince Andrew not attending D-Day service. What an insult! Even worse, it wasn't even due to another official engagement, it was to play golf ... unbelievable. I won't say any more because I could really get on my soap box about this one, but he has really disgusted me.