General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry...I know it's been asked before

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 8 Jun 2004 00:32

Has anyone signed up for the two week free trial? What I would like to know please, is if during the trial you can access all that they have, ie. the "bits with padlocks". Thanks, Sue

Judy

Judy Report 8 Jun 2004 01:01

Sylvia.....I've subscribed for the 14 day trial in the past and I was able to access everything. I also subscribed for a year and the site, for me, was invaluable to my research. Just make sure you cancel your subscription by the 14th day as I know some have had problems when they ran past the 14 days. I personally did run past the 14 days and they did allow me to cancel without any repercussions. If your 14th day falls on a weekend, just make sure you call them that Monday. Judy

Mags

Mags Report 8 Jun 2004 05:33

I have taken a 14 day trial with Ancestry and later an annual subscription. I had no problems at all with the site and none with cancelling at the end of the year, I would suggest though that unless you are pretty certain that you have ancestors or relatives in the States(if you have the site has an amazing number of different resources) that you subscribe to their 'England and Ireland' collection only as this will be more use to you. Good luck!

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 8 Jun 2004 07:19

Thank you Judy and Margaret for the advice, I will have a go at the 14 day trial soon. Sue