General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Server upgrade this week

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 8 Jun 2004 11:28

As part of our continual effort to improve site performance for users, we will be upgrading our database server on Wednesday June 9th and Thursday June 10th. This will happen during the night (UK time) to minimise disruption, but some of you night-owls may experience an interruption to your service. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks for understanding, Michelle

John

John Report 8 Jun 2004 11:33

Thanks for letting us know Michelle!

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jun 2004 11:53

The 8th is today, Tuesday, so will it be today or tomorrow?

John

John Report 8 Jun 2004 11:57

Clare, I never noticed that! Perhaps Michelle is talking about Wed 8th June 2005! I did notice "Genes Team" - not GR/GC. He he he.

BrianW

BrianW Report 8 Jun 2004 14:00

Reminds me of the old joke "I'm wearing jeans" "And she's wearing mine".

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jun 2004 15:34

Thanks Michelle:o)))))))) Jude s.wales

Jan

Jan Report 8 Jun 2004 16:18

Thanks Michelle for the warning! I won't be panicing emailing everyone this time! Jan x

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 8 Jun 2004 17:44

Thanks for advising us all we appreciate it. Linda

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 8 Jun 2004 19:28

ha, that shouldnt be any thing new for me as i am still having trouble with this site, tonight i can get on GC, and message boards, having trouble doing anything else like adding threads, starting a new one,i have to go back and forth from 'page unavailable'to 'message' about 3 times before i can get on, and same to add thread. so thanks for warning GC, maybe ill be able to access after the work.

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Jun 2004 20:10

Thankyou for letting us know, much appreciated sandra

Sue

Sue Report 8 Jun 2004 22:32

Thanks Michelle Genes Team, for letting us know in advance about the server upgrade. We really appreciate being kept informed, Thanks again Sue

Felicity

Felicity Report 8 Jun 2004 23:11

Thank you from me too. Because of the time difference here in Washington USA (I'm 8 hours behind GMT), it really makes a difference to know these things, and I appreciate the information.

Ernest

Ernest Report 8 Jun 2004 23:17

I am going awol for a couple of weeks so it will be lovely to come back to a faster and more responsive site. Thank you. Ernest

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 9 Jun 2004 15:51

LOL Sorry Bill -we did think of those who are in different time zones but most of the users are in the UK. :) Hope the improvement makes up for it. Michelle