General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Watneys Professional Snooker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stacey

Stacey Report 8 Jun 2004 16:17

Anyone know about Watneys Professional Snooker 1974/5. I have just found a signed flyer in with some birt, deat & marriage certificates. It must have been special for my grandad to keep it but means nothing to me! Can anyone fill me in? The names are Rex Williams, Sydney Lee & Fred ???????????? ( cant read the signature)

Geoff

Geoff Report 8 Jun 2004 16:45

They were top players of their era but, by the 1970s, they were past it. The third name would be Fred Davis (former world champion), brother of one of the all-time great snooker players, Joe Davis. My guess is that it would be some sort of exhibition match between Davis and Williams with Lee as the referee.

Stacey

Stacey Report 8 Jun 2004 16:48

Thanks!