General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lung Fibrosis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Jun 2004 16:17

My dad has just been told he has fibrosis of the lungs. He was taken into hospital on friday with difficulty with his breathing, something he has suffered from for quite a while. As he was on holiday when this happend and Im 250 miles away, getting information from the hospital is like getting blood from a stone. Does anyone at GRRRRR know anything about fibrosis and what it means ect, ect. Maggie

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 8 Jun 2004 16:53

Margaret Sorry to hear of your fathers illness and your frustration of a) the distance between the pair of you and b) polite hospital staff who can not give out too much info over the phone. Has your father family near by? If so it would be a good idea for them to obtain detailed info face to face and then pass on to you. In short Lung Fibrosis his scarring and thickening ( inflammation ) of lung tissue. The disease can be mild and can be treated by drugs and by supplemental oxygen therapy in order to treat breathlessness. If he smokes he must stop now as it aggravates his condition and will make him more breathless. My grandmother had this for a long while. I hope this helps. Main thing is not to get too frustrated and start reading too much into these things - distance sure does make things look and sound much worse then they are. Much happiness Debi